which distributor will work ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i bought a 00 b16a2/obd2 swap off a buddy of mine, funny feeling tells me he just gave me a distributor to sell the motor. Hes shady like that. The one i have now has one of the three arms cut off to make it fit. Which dizzy can i use that will bolt right up? ? thanks for the help.

lol that is a good one anyhow you need to go to the store and get yourself the distrib from that car the one he used was probably from a d series also if you have the engine tell me what the engine code on the block says it does sound very fishy

its a 00 b16a2 motor. He had the hole motor rewired over to obd1. So i thought i would need a obd1 distributor and not an 0bd2 off the motor. Correct me if im wrong ? ?

what car is this going into?

Originally posted by B16@May 13 2004, 06:14 AM
get a distributor for a 94-95 civic del sol vtec, obd1

:thumbsup: Yippers, sounds like he BS together a OBD I conversion, I'd have a look at all the wiring, if it came with it.

ok are you using your harness thats in your engine bay right now? if so cool. everything plugs up. all you have to do is lengthen your vtec wires and your iat wire and add a knock sensor wire back to comp. the harness he gave you probably wont work because when you convert obd2 to obd1 you do it at comp...unless he just threw a obd1 harness on the motor? any b series dist will work. but use an obd1 dist

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 13 2004, 03:19 PM
any b series dist will work. but use an obd1 dist

not an LS distributor, one of the posts gets in the way of the vtec solenoid

it looks to me that he took a wireing harness of a del sol possibly and just did the wireing. I could be wrong, theres alot of wireing going on near my alternator. I went out and bought a new cap and rotor for the distributor. Fits from a 96 del sol dohc vtec motor, fishy thing is the distributor doesnt line up at all with the three posts. There is only a bolt on the top, and the arm is cut off near the vtec selenoid. Plain and simple i will need to get another distributor?

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@May 14 2004, 05:12 PM
There is only a bolt on the top, and the arm is cut off near the vtec selenoid. Plain and simple i will need to get another distributor?

I would say so. For something as important as the distributor, you should have hte right one anyway. I don't understand why people want to do hack jobs.

So im still confused on which one to get if a 96 del sol one is totally different. Help would be greatlly appreciated

Back