Which do you prefer, and why ?

Well ?

• Nude

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Dressed

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

GPR50%20Nude.jpg

GPR50-black_05.jpg

Nude, or not ?

depending on the parts needed, do dressed because you can easily make it nude.
Change it around every few months =)

I never thought I would have voted the way i did given the 2 choices.....what has the world come to. On a more serious note on the naked I'm not big on how exposed the radiator is, the way the engine seems to just hang down, and that (not sure what to call it) under cowel that just sits there all by itself under the engine it looks lonley. I've alwaysed like the sleekness that plastics give to a bike. Just my oppinion, and I know it dosen't count in the real world but you asked and I gave

Yeah, I was going after the Nude this time. I originally fell in love with the lines of the Sport, but that one sold before I went back to get it.

So the guy that did the import got a Nude for me. There are only a handful of Nudes in the US, and after 2008 none will be registered (next year starts a 2 stroke emissions law, taking all 2 strokes off the road and grandfathering old ones in)

So I missed my last chance in the world to get a street legal Derbi. I like the bodies and the weight, they don't get any lighter (little over 200 pounds dry) and the proportions are right for me, totally.

but I'm having trouble justifying the $4200 cost (After taxes, reg, financing, yadda yadda) .. It's $3200 for it.

So today I did a little experiment, "what would my commute be like if it were done with a 55mph top speed?"

And it sucked. Flicking around corners and having fun on the twisties is great, but if you're going so slow that no corner even matters, then it's stupid.

So I was thinking that next year I could get a Derbi 125cc 2-stroke Senda motor with some goodies. Would cost another $1000 start to finish. Shoot little thing up to a top speed of about 110 and give it 25 hp.

So now it's a $5000 bike that can do 110 mph and look pretty nice / be rare / turn heads.

What I was interested in was kinda replicating this:
wildbik1.jpg

This has a Rotax 500cc, automatic and looks bad ass. Imagine the weight.

Looks like a fun little bike...

But that small? You wanted more with the 250, and the 1200 was too much...

Just don't see it...

It's a clean looking bike, and I understand the logic in getting a rare bike, but unless you are going to hold onto it and sell it later, it almost seems like a lost cause...

My .02...

This is available in Europe as a 125cc. And, keep in mind it's a two stroke, so it's going to behave differently.

It's not in 125 here or Canada. I would have to go to Canada to get this frame. Which is in the realm of possibility.

Research>Me...

I was unaware of the differences...

I noticed that you mentioned in one of your other threads (to lazy to find out which one) that you might be looking for a late 80's Interceptor...a 500cc I think it was...My buddy has one for sale in decent shape if you are interested...

i like the dressed one. it just looks a whole lot cleaner. then again, i don't like buells either. i think the plastic make it look like a street bike instead of a dirt bike.

Research>Me...

I was unaware of the differences...

I noticed that you mentioned in one of your other threads (to lazy to find out which one) that you might be looking for a late 80's Interceptor...a 500cc I think it was...My buddy has one for sale in decent shape if you are interested...

I just picked up a Ninja 600, 1985. I am interested in an interceptor, but not now. Maybe next spring.

What does he want for it ? Where is it ?

I can find out how much he wants for it...

He's here in Reno.

He hasn't been able to sell it all summer because everyone wants a 600 or 1000 sports bike.

It would have to be impeccable for me to ride it in from Reno Nevada. But if it is, then maybe I will.

Next time I get a chance I'll see if I can take some pics for you...

I just gotta find my camera...we just moved and I am still unpacking...

Back