Which do you want more?

which car would you rather buy for $2500

• 1990 crx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i am looking at two local cars and i can't decide which one to buy. the crx is immaculate. it is 100% stock, no dents or dings at all, it even has the crx floor mats. the hatch is a 1993 si. it is in great shape but needs a new tranny(third gear grinds). Both cars are $2,500. both are red. i will do a b series swap as soon as i get it. can you guys help me decide?

i vote for the hatch

i prefer the look of the 5th gens
there will be less bullshit involved when swapping
you can get newer engines in there with less modification required
better trannys available in hydro form

I've owned both and I can honestly say that the '93 Si has MUCH better chassis dynamics. Swaps are easier, there's more room inside the engine bay...

i voted for the crx because 1) they were only made from 88-91 (2nd gen's) and its really hard to find one in good condition 2) because its lighter (i think)

hatch.

easier to deal with, more parts availble for it, easy obd1 swap, sell the z6 for $$ when you're power-ed by b-series.

and never make the mistake of trying to make a show car (ie clean body) a race car. you will never drive it cuzs you "care" about it too much

Hatch, i have one and played around with plenty of crxes. Hatch is alot more versatile then a crx anyway

the Si hatchie.

its easier for the swap bar none, and less rice is available. hatches look entirely too clean with a 1-2in drop, 15's, stock body kit, and a c/f hood. if you go turbo, get a nice big fat front bumper. :D

Given the CRX you have to choose from, I say hatch, too.

1st gen CRX, then I might think differently... :)

I like the style of the CRX better, but you will deal with a lot less BS with the hatchy.

I'd go for the CRX not because I have one, but because hatches are a dime a dozen.
there aren't a lot of respectable crx's on the road
yeah it'll cost more in the long run to do a swap etc... but it's more unique

I love the rex's. Too many hatches rollin in my town. Just my opinion but then again, I hate red all together unless its on an exotic car.

CRX's are a wee bit lighter also! I like the CRX's because the hatch is basically the standard of all imports today..... CRX's are harder to find nowadays it seems.

That is a rediculously good price for the Si, even with one grinding gear. I paid $3500 for my VX totally stock and that was a low price around here! Hatches have gotten so fooking expensive in Western WA over the last couple years. Another good thing about the hatch is, like B said, you can get cash for the z6 after you swap. The 5g's also have much better chassis than 4g's do, trust me. I do like a clean CRX, but it's not worth the hassle. Get the bubble butt! :D

how many miles on the CRX and the Si ??

200k on the crx. Tony Montana:
but it's a cream puff!
the hatch has 115K. the crx is spotless. the hatch only has a couple nicks on the interior.

Back