Which Download Program...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I read the thread about the download programs from a few days ago, and i need a program. The problem is that my girl just bought a brand new comp for us and i dont want some shitty program thats gonna invade the new computer and put all kinds of bullshit on it. I used WinMX before and liked it. The other ones i see that i am thinking about is BT and Ares. whats the best from these three? and any others you recommend?

ya that was my thread man tried 20 diffrent ones so far i like ARES the best as we speak 15 song are being dwnldd

yeah, i tried winmx and shareaza (or how ever you spell it), i didnt like eithef of them. bearshare is good, but you either have to pay for it (bearshare pro), or get the free version which is ad supported (spyware).

alright well i tried ares and i have dl'ed a couple songs so far, and a couple videos. The speed is awesome, i'm hitting 150kb/s so i'm happy so far

i just did too, im hitting 130's. winmx sucked for me maybe because i didnt set it up right or something.

bit torrent.

all other P2p programs are a thing of the past.

get yourself azereus from sourceforge.net
then head over to demonoid.com, sign up, its free, and then DL and make sure you share, or you will be banned.

i checked out bit torrent, but the way it was described was that it was for hosting things, and was a program that helped to not exceed your bandwidth

The #1 thing that will eliminated SpyWare problems is switching AWAY from internet explorer. DON"T USE IT. Go to http://mozilla.org and download firefox. Also, I use DC++ and BT both of which are pretty spyware free.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Dec 5 2004, 01:02 AM
i checked out bit torrent, but the way it was described was that it was for hosting things, and was a program that helped to not exceed your bandwidth
[post=426450]Quoted post[/post]​

whats the point of hosting something if you can't download it?

there's two sides to every story.

it has nothing to do with exceding your bandwidth unless you run a website and are too cheap to get a real fucking server :)

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 4 2004, 10:27 PM
suprnova.com (or something like that) is supposed to be good.
[post=426398]Quoted post[/post]​

http://suprnova.org/

Its a bit torrent site. You have to download a torrent client to download the files. You can try ABC torrent or any of the other free ones that come up with a google search.

abs sucks. it doesn't follow the torrent protocol corrently.

use azereus. its the best. its free. what more could you ask for.

suprnova sucks a lot of times though... no one seeds there. demonoid is where its at.

Just tried aries... it sucks i am sticking to my free version of limewire pro :ph34r: ... i get tons of search results and now i am downloading files at 159kb/s and with aries i was at like 22kb/s.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 5 2004, 12:39 PM
I have both Shareaza and WinMX. Shareaza sucks sweaty donkey balls and WinMX actually isn't too bad. I think I'm going to have to check out ARES now, though.
[post=426521]Quoted post[/post]​

BitTorrent is the best - mad reliable. Plus, most CD's come with a cuesheet and all the g00dies. . .

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 5 2004, 01:56 PM
abs sucks. it doesn't follow the torrent protocol corrently.

use azereus. its the best. its free. what more could you ask for.

suprnova sucks a lot of times though... no one seeds there. demonoid is where its at.
[post=426561]Quoted post[/post]​

I tried azerus this morning, gave me an install error and didn't work worth shit.

ABC isn't the greatest, right now I'm using TorrentStorm which seems to work really well for me.

...and I dont know about that other website you recommended. On suprnova you dont have to share if you dont want and have no risk of being banned or what not.

Back