Which ECU should I use for a B17a1? 61 or 72??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice-N-Rice

Tuner Hopefull
Right now I am runnign a B17a1 in a 95 integra gs and I am controlling it with a gsr P72 ecu, would it be worth my while to track down a P61 or will there be no difference??

Any help would be great......

not worth your time to do that you could just chip the p72 and throw a stock basemap for a p61 on it cheaper then finding one because ecu's are usually expensive as hell, at least in my opinion, but i also chip all of my own ecu's, so if you could find someone to do it cheap it'd be worth your while

Thanks for the input, I am very handy when it comes to electronics and schematics (i fix tvs and stereos).. so when you say you chip your own ecu's and I could swap the basemap from a P61, I am thinking this might be right up my alley.

If you do not mind can you tell me how it is done, do you flash an eprom? or what, do you have access to pro equipt?

n e thing would help

PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . IntroductionToECUChipping

partway down on the board it shows you what you need to desolder and re solder in to an obd1 ecu, to get parts to chip it with i use xenocron DIY Tuning Resource Center for Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata

you need a basemap of the p61, you can order one off of the site (xenocron) under the chipping section for stock basemaps, or you can burn one your self but that would require a burner roughly $100, so its kinda up to you everything is on the xenocron site, if you need any more help with what to do just post back here or send me a pm

Back