Which ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Ok, MikeBergy and I are trying to determine which ECU I need to socket to stop my car from Running Rich. Ok, We have narrowed it down to the PM6 and the PR4. MikeBergy is saying to use the PM6, I would like to stick with the PR4.

We are tuning with TurboEdit and we will have Datalogging Capabilities as well.... What do you think we should use?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 15 2005, 03:46 PM
Ok, MikeBergy and I are trying to determine which ECU I need to socket to stop my car from Running Rich. Ok, We have narrowed it down to the PM6 and the PR4. MikeBergy is saying to use the PM6, I would like to stick with the PR4.

We are tuning with TurboEdit and we will have Datalogging Capabilities as well.... What do you think we should use?
[post=526950]Quoted post[/post]​

You got my opinion :D

This is your best friend.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 15 2005, 03:52 PM
Would help if you told us what motor your needing a ecu for...
[post=526955]Quoted post[/post]​

It is a b20/ls hybrid BTW. Obdo 'looking to go VTEC later on.

Originally posted by drpenguin+Today, 05:52 PM-->
Would help if you told us what motor your needing a ecu for...

B20B swap... im using the PR4... i need to fix the rich issue, trying to determine what ECU to use. PM6 or PR4... got any hints?

MikeBergy
@Jul 15 2005, 05:52 PM
You got my opinion :D

yep, sure do.

and about pgmfi... yea my best friend, just not on much. wait til lunch

WHy would you need a different ecu? As long as you have a chipped ecu and a wideband just decrease the fuel map value where you are running rich. Isnt that part of tuning... Cant you adjust fuel with turbo edit?.....

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jul 18 2005, 06:28 AM
WHy would you need a different ecu? As long as you have a chipped ecu and a wideband just decrease the fuel map value where you are running rich. Isnt that part of tuning... Cant you adjust fuel with turbo edit?.....
[post=527898]Quoted post[/post]​

I think we already figured out. It is basically a cost vs usefullness deal. I already have a socketed pm6 with datalogging capability, and I was just going to get him tuned with my ecu, and then socket his pr4 and burn a chip for it using the tune off my pm6. I figured that since he isn't going to be needing datalogging, we could just socket the ecu and then burn a chip for it, it would be the cheapest route. Well, talking with a couple of people on pgmfi.org, apparently, tuning a car with one ecu type, then using that bin in another ecu type is a bit of a no no, even though they are both obd-0 ecu's , they read the bins a little differently; so while the bin may run the car perfectly with the pm6, it may have some problems with the pr4. So we are currently looking at two options - Either pay 160 and get a socketed pm6 ecu for his car, or just socket the pr4 he already has and install a datalogging port for 100. The pr4 seems to be the better way to go, since he already has the ecu, but at the same time has no vtec capabilty in the ecu, as he is looking to go ls/vtec in the near future. On the other hand the pm6 code has been developed to run vtec using the ac switch, and so would be able to run vtec, and he would not have to go out and buy a new ecu or vtec switch. He would just have to change the bin through TE.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jul 19 2005, 05:32 AM-->
94CivicSlow
@Jul 18 2005, 06:28 AM
WHy would you need a different ecu? As long as you have a chipped ecu and a wideband just decrease the fuel map value where you are running rich. Isnt that  part of tuning... Cant you adjust fuel with turbo edit?.....
[post=527898]Quoted post[/post]​

I think we already figured out. It is basically a cost vs usefullness deal. I already have a socketed pm6 with datalogging capability, and I was just going to get him tuned with my ecu, and then socket his pr4 and burn a chip for it using the tune off my pm6. I figured that since he isn't going to be needing datalogging, we could just socket the ecu and then burn a chip for it, it would be the cheapest route. Well, talking with a couple of people on pgmfi.org, apparently, tuning a car with one ecu type, then using that bin in another ecu type is a bit of a no no, even though they are both obd-0 ecu's , they read the bins a little differently; so while the bin may run the car perfectly with the pm6, it may have some problems with the pr4. So we are currently looking at two options - Either pay 160 and get a socketed pm6 ecu for his car, or just socket the pr4 he already has and install a datalogging port for 100. The pr4 seems to be the better way to go, since he already has the ecu, but at the same time has no vtec capabilty in the ecu, as he is looking to go ls/vtec in the near future. On the other hand the pm6 code has been developed to run vtec using the ac switch, and so would be able to run vtec, and he would not have to go out and buy a new ecu or vtec switch. He would just have to change the bin through TE.
[post=528390]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike, I decided I want datalogging. So (f you can ask Chris, I think his name is) we need to figure out what its going to cost to get a PM6, socketed with datalogging as well... Please ask for me. Im not on PGMFI much...

Brian

Back