Which ECU?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dc2_teg

i have a obd2 teg an obd2 jdm gsr engine, with skunk2 intake manifold. So what are my ecu options with keeping the obd2?

Why? What's wrong with your OBD-2 ECU? Did you go from an LS motor to a GSR? If so, use the OBD-2 P72 or P73 ECU.

Why? What's wrong with your OBD-2 ECU? Did you go from an LS motor to a GSR? If so, use the OBD-2 P72 or P73 ECU.
The problem is that he went with a Skunk 2 Manifold and those don't have the secondary butterfly like the GSR manifold does, so i'm assuming he thinks he's gonna get a check engine light if the ECU is looking for it.

Now to answer the question, just use the stock GSR one you have now. I've heard that if the secondary butterfly isn't plugged in then the ECU won't look for it. It'll only throw a light for it if it's plugged in and isn't working and/or broken. I hope this helps but we can only help out more if you can be more descriptive as to if you're having a problem, instead of just saying you want to stay obd2.

sorry should of been more specific. i have an ls and im doin jdm gsr swap, and im wandering if i can only use the jdm p72 or is there some other us or jdm ecu i could use?

You can use either one. The JDM or USDM P72, as long as they're OBD-2. If not, you're gonna have to get a jumper harness, and match the distributor to the OBD that your ECU will be.

I'm not sure if the Integra ECU's went from OBD-2a to OBD-2b, like the Civic's did, but you should check that before you buy an ECU.

Hope this helps.

could i use a obd2 b16a2 ecu or even a type-r ecu, or would it make me throw a code and run funky.

You should run a P72 GSR ecu.. I've read from people that have replaced the intake manifold that the lack of IAB's does not cause a check engine light. The P72 has the correct maps for your engine, and running either the b16 or ITR ecu will most likely do nothing if not hurt your performance..

If we're talking chipped ECU's it's a whole different ballgame..

Not really there might be a slight difference in fuel maps but I don't think it would amount to anything. And the JDM ECU probably has a speed limiter in it too..

but if you do use the skunk 2 manifold, it'll bog down when vtec kicks in or make sure you get your p72 chipped for the manifold or run a b16 ecu

Back