Which Engine would you guys pick?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
I starting to get closer to the magic number when i can order up my swap. Im leaning towards HMO just because of their rep, but im having some trouble... A JDM B16 is 170hp, 113tq. A JDM B18C is 180hp, 126tq. The difference between the two in price is a whopping 800 dollars though (comparing both with LSD's) so what would you guys go for? It would be nice to have the B18, but daaaaamn, is it really worth 800? i know there is alot of potential for both and all, but is it worth it?

-Chris

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Oct 8 2003, 01:00 AM
h22 :worthy:

in a del sol??? :slap:
a B18C can be made just as fast and wont fuck the handling

GSR its worth it just for the torque difference, sols are heavy so youll want every last bit of torque to haul its heavy ass off the line, and also 10 hp is 10 hp regardless. Ask anyone with a stock gsr and they'll tell ya its worth the 800 bones

thanks guys. H22 is out of the question. I just dont feel like dealing with the wiring hassle (they can still handle with that thing). GSR should definitely be sweet, im looking forward to getting started....

nice replies by the way, where do you gys find the dudes holding the signs 'n stuff?

-Chris

b18c is easier to get torque out of rather than b16 - 2 brothers i know have a a b16 in hatch civic and lsvtec in coupe civic - b16 does 13.7 in qtr mile and b18 does 14.0 - but the coupe wins all the time on a highway, he also doesnt have as much of extensive headwork done.

Chemicalviper's avatar=Not work safe!
I'm gonna get in trouble. Cool avatar, I just don't want to get fired over it.
Oh, and GSR.

Back