Which engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How mild is mild? 7-8 PSI? I know a guy that just dropped 10k into an H23 to make it run 13 psi... he says with all he's done to it it will put over 400 to the wheels... but that's in a heavy prelude si... If I put a B20 in my little DX coupe, rigged a GSR or B16 head on it... and maybe some turbo action? How hard is it to put a DOHC VTEC head on a B20 and which is better? Which wiring harness and ecu would I use? GSR or B16 trans?

Yeah, mild being about 7-8 psi on a turbo that's sized properly to the engine. Pretty much any stock Honda engine will hold 7-8 psi within a turbo's efficiency range as long as you have proper tuning.

I actually think I found my motor... Hmotorsonline has a complete B18B LS swap for like 2200 bucks, including everything to make it work. The B18B has a little more power right out of the box, so...

How easy is it to do an LS/VTEC? ;)

That's a pretty decent deal.

Swapping a VTEC head onto an LS block isn't really all that hard- you just have to make sure you put it all together right, and you really should build the bottom end (or at least inspect it) to make sure that it will hold up to the higher revs you'll want to run to with the VTEC head.

I don't really think I'll go LS/VTEC after thinking about it awhile. I don't have a tendency to wind my car out, I rarely get over 4500 RPM, really. As I said... it's a daily driver, and I don't drive like I'm in the WRC. I just want the car to be a little better on the performance end... So for now it seems the B18B is what I'm gonna go with.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 15 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't really think I'll go LS/VTEC after thinking about it awhile. I don't have a tendency to wind my car out, I rarely get over 4500 RPM, really. As I said... it's a daily driver, and I don't drive like I'm in the WRC. I just want the car to be a little better on the performance end... So for now it seems the B18B is what I'm gonna go with.

Well, drop in your B block first, see how you like it and end up driving it after a while- then decide what you want to do.

Back