Which Exhaust Manifold to get??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

danwilliams

Ok so Im looking at manifolds for my soon to be B16 powered Coupe and im torn between two its either a 4-2-1 or a 4-1 design any sugestions on which one would produce the most power?

Ok so Im after faster acceleration so 4-2-1 sounds best to me ive got a choice between 2 designs

f8_12.jpg

this 1 piece design

ac57_1_b.jpg

Or a two piece design

would having the 2 piece version hanker performance Im thinking the 1 piece would be the best but I just want a second opinion. cheers

I personally would go with the 4-1, 1 piece header. The less air flow restriction the better. looks like the 2 piece flange would create just a little restriction.

the difference between the two is so small, you wont even notice. Youll maybe see, at MAX, a peak hp difference of 4hp. But thats peak, it could do shit under 6k rpms. Look around on different honda sites (honda-tech, clubcivic.com, etc) and search for header dyno charts. hell, just type it into google. You could actually get better usable gains from a 4-2-1 since i doubt you drive your car at 5-6k rpm's all day...

The difference in acceleration will be negligible. Dont worry about the restriction, because well... its minimal, so minimal that it wont make a difference for the average joe. Now, if you were building a motor, doing headwork, and were going for something more than just another b16 with bolt ons... then you might wanna start to care.

Thanks guys I think im gonna go for the 4-2-1 single piece youve all been a great help!!

Back