which exhaust system?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leekor12

hey, i am thinking about doing a b18c swap into my 93 cx hatchback, and was told that i should also change my exhaust system. which ones do you guys recomened??? thanks in advance.

I had mine done custom and it was cheap. $250 bucks for 2 1/2in from the cat back all custom bent to the original pipe.

you wanna be quiet or not?

if you want to stay on the quiet side, get a apexi ws2 or a rsr exmag (which i have and LOVE)

depends if you want cat-back or just a tip
a good tip can be had on ebay for 30-50 bucks
or a full cat-back for around 250-300 on the lower end
megan racing has some good inexpensive stuff
as long as the welds are good and the it has mandrel bends then you can't mess it up too much

just do a google search for RSR exmag or Apexi WS

Or drive up to the local exhaust shop so they can put your car on a lift to see what there workin with and then go from there.

Thats real nice, only wish it was true. If your an idiot and only put on the fart can its gonna sound like shit. You see those everywhere and there almost always facing down cause its too big and the bumper got in the way. I think mine sounds real good, not ricey. It also makes a beautiful noise at about 6000-7000 rpms, the exhaust and the intake.

Alright, sorry about that buddy. I thought you were trying out the pep boys special.

aha hell no
I just ordered
an Aspec exhaust from ebay, 48 dollars shipped to my door

granted they've sent me the wrong exhaust twice now, the quality of it is perfect
and the welds are just as good as my friends hks

A friend of mine had a "custom" exhaust on his accord.. oh my god... it sucked complete ass. Sounded like shit, loud as fuck, popped, sounded like bee's in a trash can.

Exhaust shops dont test and retest the exhaust they put on your car, now do they? Id rather spend the extra 2-300 bucks and get something that was MADE FOR MY CAR not by some schmuck at the local muffler shop.

Buy something that was made for your car by professionals with hours and hours of R&D put into it. When you go to a muffler shop, you have no clue what the fuck you are buying with (i highly doubt) a warranty and no clue of what its going to sound like when you drive off... Hell, who knows if you actually gain any hp (well its not like youll get much anyhow, but you could lose some hp with a poorly designed exhaust). I dunno about your area, but around here nobody has a mandrel bender.

Kteller.com sells a good quality set of stainless piping, and they are mandrel bent to fit specific applications. All you have to do from there is buy the muffler of choice and take it all to a muffler shop and have them weld it into place and hang it.

A friend of mine had a "custom" exhaust on his accord.. oh my god... it sucked complete ass. Sounded like shit, loud as fuck, popped, sounded like bee's in a trash can.

Exhaust shops dont test and retest the exhaust they put on your car, now do they? Id rather spend the extra 2-300 bucks and get something that was MADE FOR MY CAR not by some schmuck at the local muffler shop.

Buy something that was made for your car by professionals with hours and hours of R&D put into it. When you go to a muffler shop, you have no clue what the fuck you are buying with (i highly doubt) a warranty and no clue of what its going to sound like when you drive off... Hell, who knows if you actually gain any hp (well its not like youll get much anyhow, but you could lose some hp with a poorly designed exhaust). I dunno about your area, but around here nobody has a mandrel bender.

aha u must have some really shitty muffler shops, then again most people working at them have no idea what the fuck there doing, I did my exhaust at my friends shop axle back, mig welded, nice anlge to it, no popping, smooth clean note, a little on the higher side, sounds good, I'll post a vid up of it soon

Back