1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by patkeelin, Jan 11, 2004.

1. patkeelin

patkeelin Junior Member

Sup. I'm putting a b18b in my '99 civic lx 4dr. My old engine has a hole in its block after sucking water into the AEM CAI from when I drove through a puddle (USE THE BYPASS VALVE!!!). Anyways I was wondering what the best exhaust would be. Most likely all the mods i will be doing are intake, headers and exhaust even though i've heard that the b18b is a great turbo. Where to find the cheapest prices would also be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

local muffler shop. cheapest prices, usually not mandrel bent but i dot really care.

i got my 2 1/4 cat back for just under $200

plus wiht a custom job, you can have the pipe bent however you want, and it will be a guaranteed fit.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

It all depends on what sound you really want, more flow tends to be much louder and vice versus for the small diameter.

Muffler shops do a decent job, I bought a axle back muff and then had the muff shop connect the cat to the other protion, costed 120 for that piping, and the axle back was 200 or so.

Later i went with the apex WS, which costed 390 shipped and it was much more quiet and not raspy at all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted