Which Exhuast System

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by greenteg2k00@Mar 6 2004, 04:16 PM
go with dc sports the best headers and street legal too

I hate you. Dont say DC again, ever!

Im not sure I want the JDM, since JDM is the new "rice". SO I may go with the AN-R header. But which one, the standard, or the compact street/race header. I like them both, and they are the same price, but which one is better?

no one said its the best............. but for 300 bills name one better.....?

I mean come on if he was looking at a 500-700$ header do you think he would be here asking the question he asked, granted he said no DC its beside the point. The point is for what hes looking to do i dont see him puting down 1000 for a header and if he is then just go get a race header made why buy toda for 1000 bucks for that much you can get a mean ass race header made.

Entry level is not the key word here $$$ is, cause like i said if it wasint he would be asking different questions not wich is a good header for N/A......its simple theres the basice style header then race header and out of the basic style you have 200$ ebay header's and then you have 300$ DC header's then you have
400$ apexi header's that are the same as DC when it comes to quality and gains im sure and then you have your 1000$ MAD TIGHT JDM peaces like toda spoon etc. etc. and then tehres a full race header, theres a few i missed but there just the same and in the same brackets i just decribed

$200 el cheapo Ebay

$300 DC

$400 apexi (same shit as DC just $100 more) and theres a few other brands that fall in this bracket

mad tight JDM $1000+

Full Race $1000 -/+

its that simple

$360 for the REAL JDM ITR 4-1
and its better than anything out there untill you get into the $600+ range

the REAL JDM piece is better than the AN-R Header? Im considering hte AN-R like mad.

the AN-R looks VERY promising i just havent seen any dynos for them yet
and the price isnt too bad either.... i would suggest getting it in stainless though

merge collector is for running open header
street is what you want

what model are you looking at?

Compact Street. Becuase the Standard, sticks way out there nad the core support has to be modified.

---Just to let you know, the engine build is being put off becuase hte block and crank I bought for 100 had a spun rod bearing, so im trying to source out another block/crank. So I wont be able to buy this until probably the middle of summer.---

I even found a DYNO, its not a mustang dyno but hte other, more accurate one. Anyhow I found a dyno near me it's 50 bucks for 3 pulls, and 100 for 3 pulls and tuning. So Ill for sure hook up on dyno sheets.

Back