which head bolts do i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the "not possible" b16 head on a 500hp gsr with b16 headbolts.
crx%20019.jpg

reikoshea said:
cause we can see the head studs and the part number in that pic, right.
feel free to come take a look yourself. your not that far :D
part number on that setup is
GEMB16-HSK - Golden Eagle

Last edited:
you ever think that we were both right?

when you use ARP or AEBS studs youre supposed to use the GSR studs. Maybe GE has a different length.

reikoshea said:
you ever think that we were both right?

when you use ARP or AEBS studs youre supposed to use the GSR studs. Maybe GE has a different length.
naw just let civicious bash me some more for no reason

okay, i gotta 2-1 majority on GSR head studs.... do i have a motion on the floor?....LOL.
Hey cypher, what kinda numbers is that 500hp gsr pushin there?

To quote the guy from Exospeed (whose name also happens to be Wil)...
B16A block + B16A head = B16 head studs(not GSR, not LS)
LS block + GSR head = GSR head studs
LS block + B16A Head = GSR Head studs
B20 block _B16/GSR Head = GSR head studs
SOHC:
D16A6 motor = ARP D16Z6 head stud kit
D16Z6 motor = ARP D16Z6 head stud kit
D16Y8 motor = ARP D16Y8 head stud kit
Honda-Tech.com: question ARP head studs..

Phou said:
okay, i gotta 2-1 majority on GSR head studs.... do i have a motion on the floor?....LOL.
Hey cypher, what kinda numbers is that 500hp gsr pushin there?

454hp 317 tq. mid boost level
stock motor

454 is not mid boost on a ls/vtec bro...your lookin at about 20psi even with a GT35R.

civicious said:
good lord... define 'mid boost' lol
all that with b16 headstuds too. and i just saw the above comment
stock Gsr shortblock with a built b16 head

daily is 14psi - 394hp
on race gas 18psi is 454hp

even ran it at 22psi with no problems

sorry mid-boost was meaning the lvl the turbo could do.
The sc-61 is just waking up around those lvls.
I wouldnt go much over 22psi on a complete stock shortblock (pistons, rods, block, sleeves) after all it IS my daily
143q0r6.jpg

Last edited:
you did forget that lil part about race gas. for an sc61 the numbers are close enough to where i wont bitch...although the deviation isnt right...i would think 4psi and race gas would be a bigger difference. As far as this topic is concerned, im done jackin.

civicious said:
You CANNOT use B16 head studs on an LS/VTEC. Period.

hes not building a ls/vtec, he is using a gsr bottom end and b16 head, and damn this thread got into it quick, and arp doenst have it listed for a gsr block and a b16 head. but from what I have heard is yes you use the arp head studs that match your block.

civicious you really arent helping this thread with you and your houston import buddy at all. we actually had a good thread going and ripper was going to call arp today to get a confirmation on what another h-t user had said when he called arp. i actually have done an engine build and been a part of several other builds, i have seen people use b16 timing belts with ls/vtec swaps not that i would use it myself but i have seen it done. you always come into a thread and and act like a dick head and like your internet forum degree has made you smarter than all others.

maybe you 2 could take that baby shit to pm's

back to thread and how cypher states they used b16 studs with that build. that is what i was talking about earlier how you could get away with the studs being slightly shorter and have less area to nut but with out seeing it to be sure i dont know. i guess we will have to wait for ripper to call arp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back