1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which head is better for a LS/Vtec swap?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rlmotors, Sep 25, 2006.

1. rlmotors

rlmotors Junior Member

I have a 96 integra LS that I built to race circle track at my local speedway. I was wonder if the b16 head or the b18 head was any better than the other? I have been told that the b16 flowed better and had more compression? Also can I make my LS distribortor work if I cut one of the ears off of the distribotor? What kind of computer would I need? I dont know a whole lot about acura and honda, just know that the way to go if I want to win races. Thanks

2. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

gsr haeds have more compression
    b16 heads flow better stock
    vtec heads out flow non vtec heads stock for stock.

3. rlmotors

rlmotors Junior Member

Help

Thanks anybody else have anything

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

he's right. there isn't much more about it. if you need more information, then you need to elaborate on what you are looking for.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

if you wanna know the differences between the two, you can go to ZealAutowerks - Honda Compression Calculator and check out what the compression will be with the different heads. keep in mind that the b16 will out flow the gsr stock for stock.

6. rlmotors

rlmotors Junior Member

How about the distribotor can you make a LS distribortor work if you cut off one of the ears and only use two of the bolts? If so is the spark any diffrent?

7. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

You can make it work, but you'll have absolutely no room to adjust ignition advance. I'd just go get a distributor off a b16 or gsr, and save yourself the hassle.
    Another note: the GSR (b18c1) head will provide a much better starting point if you plan to modify the head at all. It is a much higher quality cast, the ports have better flow angles, and the chamber will give you more compression. But b16 is the way to go if you are on a budget.

Some advice - these questions have been asked and answered several times. Sometimes searching will give you faster results.

8. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

my vote goes to gsr head.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted