Which head is this..? pic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Good morning, I picked up a nice little 89 crx hf and the head was already swapped but don't know which one. I'll be pulling the carpet back and checking the ECU in a short while.
Near the outside ex port, there is a casting of "PM8" in front of what would be #3 cyl.

I added a couple of pics because it doesn't look anything like my 90 4dr. and the intake is just tiny tiny.. Not like the EX one that I was going to swap. Which leads me to another q. Will that Ex intake swap onto this head that's in the pic?

I HATE COMPUTORS!!! For some reason it lets me link the second pic but not the one of the front of the head/valve cover.
I don't have time to screw with it..

Thanks E

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9497/new89crxenginecompt002.jpg

new89crxenginecompt001.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DAMN p o s...

E

if you mean the name of the head maby its d16z6 head

like that

and I m not shore

That casting mark is the only on that I can see at the moment.
(I tried to adjust the valves and the last goof had them soo tight that I couldn't loosen the jam nut from the lash adjuster. The screwdriver kept popping out, I only got 1 dang valve adjusted).

I took some more pics of it right before I left to work, so I'll try and post them later tonight..
The exhaust manifold has the cat right under the O2sensor. Like the early EW 84-87's.

It's not like somethings wrong.. I just wanted to know so I could get some cheap header on it. It runs but makes a slight noise like valves (that's why I tried to adjust them)

OH, and it's got the PM-8 ecu?? I already have the A6 intake, was going to use that on my 4dr, but now think that I might swap it on this and the ecu to get a little more pep out of it for the time being.

Thanks guys
E

YUP, it's gotta be a HF car/engine block. BUT I don't know if the head is what you fellers say is a "Y8" or..?
The real question is, If D heads only go on D blocks then I should be able to get a cheap D series ebay header and it should work right??
By "work" I mean fit the oil pan and mate the bracket in back under the oil filter and such..?

I took a few more pics yesterday.
crxhfenginenheadswap002.th.jpg

crxhfenginenheadswap003.th.jpg

crxhfenginenheadswap006.th.jpg

crxhfenginenheadswap001.th.jpg

I hope these come out now. and be able to help someone else out.

E

Ya know.. Now that I think of it, It's probably just an HF all together and not some 'different' head..
I wonder if I can just pop in this PM-6 ECU without ruining it?

The Prev owner told me there was some kind of swap, and I didn't know about the mpfi of the HF's, therefore I just assumed that something had been done. (never had one myself until now).... DUH!!

Thanks again guys.

when you adjusted the valves, did it only have 8 valves? - can't see the picture very well, but if the head says PM8-#, it is the HF 8-valve head - probably has a DX valve cover

Come to think of it.. Yup, it did have 8 valves. Still couldn't budge those adjusting screws though.
At least it runs ok for now. (I need to move vehicles around often so the nosy neighbors won't complain)

EF: I'll search out the pull-its for the trailing arms/brakes.

thanks again. E

Back