1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Header to Buy?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Big Shane, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Big Shane

Big Shane New Member

I'm in the beginning stages of doing a very mild build. I've got a 1992 SiR, auto. I plan to purchase a Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust, mostly because esolsi has the Hyper Medallion & I like the way it sounds. Which header should I purchase to mate up to it? End goal is to put a JRSC to gain a little low end grunt & be able to have some fun when I want to. No plans to change internals unless the supercharger requires it. At the moment the car is completely stock.

Thanks in advance. 6DE0BF37-FBD8-4110-889E-443752A6F9F2.jpeg B62E44F3-3A2A-432B-B2B4-B8B0309BE232.jpeg

Attached Files:

Briansol likes this.
  2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

lol the stock one unless you want to get a nice 4-1

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Where do you live? Here in the states, we never got any B-series cars with automatics besides the non-VTEC Integras and CR-Vs.

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

it's legit... E and i know shane.

sisteve had the kamaikaze 4-1 on his JRSC EM1 Si. not sure if those are still around...

Big Shane likes this.
  5. Big Shane

Big Shane New Member

I bought it from VistecRImports. I'd like to have gotten a manual transmission, but I had to compromise as the wife doesn't know how to drive stick & I wasn't about to teach her on a RHD vehicle.

6. Big Shane

Big Shane New Member

Do some headers work better or worse with a supercharger? I hadn't thought to ask that.

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I was wondering if it was Canadian maybe, but then I realized it was also RHD.

Bummer on the no manual, but then again, having an auto B-series VTEC does up the rareness factor!

Big Shane likes this.
  8. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

generally, you want the higher flow, so the 'big' ones will work better on a SC'ed set up. The kamikaze has a 2.5" collector as well, so it's good to mate up to a true 2.5" high flow cat and 2.5-3" exhaust as well without the collector being a bottle neck.

Big Shane, Matts96HB and dilbeckskate like this.
  9. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Yeah, I agree with B. Check runner and collector diameters, in general the larger the better with a forced induction setup. Of course there'll be a point of diminishing returns, but I can't imagine anyone is manufacturing a piece that is beyond that point.

Big Shane likes this.
  10. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I've got a cut Greddy Evo2 that I need to unload for an EG... it was cut for a new cat when I had to replace mine. Easy to weld the straight part back together or shorten it and then weld.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted