which housings do HIDs more Justice Halo vs. JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

*NOOB QUESTION* but i really dont nkow...is the projector on the left side? If so the Halo projection casings have that too! Which was what I wanted to go with. My friend just has the clear JDM housing and his lights are pretty bright, a little too bright for 8ks if you ask me, my thing was that I haven't seen Halo projections in a while but from memory remember them not being that bright and wanted to know what was up with that.

CAL send a link of what yo'ure talking about please because I am COMPLETELY lost

Just search "retrofit" here on HondaSwap and you'll find a good thread on it.

pickles has a writeup link in his sig if I recall correctly.

Long story short:
HID bulb in Incandescent reflector = fail
HID Bulb in HID reflector = good

HID bulb in incandescent projector = fail
HID bulb in MATCHING HID reflector = win

The problem is that the actual source of the light is a different shape with an incandescent bulb. I saw a really good picture once, showing temperatures of each light source, and showing the shape of the light source and why each kind of bulb needs a designed reflector.

i think my 02' style headlights will look too ricey if i paint around it black except for the 2 huge hole for the lights. Its the only thing i can do now to save money. 05+ front ends are sexy as hell

not at all.... this is a pic i took of a buddies car.. DIY black housing

rsx1.jpg

Looks sexy.

On my dad's(was brothers first) rsx-s he has hid plug in kit. It isn't that great of light, and doesn't reflect horribly all over the place, but isn't good at lighting either. He will probably be doing an HID retro like I did on my tc in the future if he doesn't sell it.

:werd: .. just waiting to find the perfect deal.. lol

No video camera is going to capture the beam pattern well enough for you to see how nasty things are going to be with an incorrect installation.

Back