which intake mani?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

i have a d16y7/y8 mini me in my 93 coupe and i was wondering which intake mani is better the skunk 2 or the edelbrock?

Edelbrock. I have been running edelbrock for years. Be it on my honda or my Jeep or my chevy trucks Ive had over the years. Stick with what works is what Ive always said. Good luck

TRU

Depends I hear skunk2 was better for n/a setups. However I haven't heard much about edelbrock's intake manifolds for hondas. Do you have the y8 manifold on there now?

The other reason I recommended Edelbrock is they back up their name. I got a shity carb once for my Jeep and they replaced it no questions asked. And my buddy is running the victor on his 90 rex and it hauls ass and it really sounds good with the addition of the Edelbrock intake mani.

I have heard the y8 mani is regarded as the itr manifold of the d-series motors..so you could get yours port matched and be fine...unless you go forced induction in which case go with edelbrock like Blanco said. But like I said....I have heard...I have the d16y8 in my car as well but I didn't get the manifold and I am runnin the y7 manifold still so I don't know first hand

stick with the y8 and do a bore on the throttle body base match port would be best. Y8 manifold is like the type-R of SOHC manifolds. Has a large plenum and has good mid range power gains.

Back