Which intake manifold would you pick

Which intake manifold and why

• SKunk2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Typhoon||

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Here are the intake manifolds I am considering. I am only looking to make 225 - 275 whp on my stock internal b18b t3/t4 turbo setup.

I would say AeBS but since you have a B18B and they don't make an intake manifold for a B18B I will say go with the JG Edelbrock because you are boosting I hear they are great for boosted cars. I don't think you will hit the HP numbers you are looking for on a stock block but Good Luck with your build.

It's all about the modded pr3 baby!!! I have a pr3 IM modded to fit my pr4 head. Cheap, and is factory honda. I got mine for free, so if I had to buy one, I don't know... are homemade ITB's an option?

He's b o o s t i n g.

Something tells me ITB's are not an option unless he wants to fabricate a surge tank.

itb's with a custom enclosure would make some nice HP...especially up top.

Just an idea...I just picturing it in my head. kinda like a turbo manifold. 4 pipes running to a collector and then the one charge pipe from the IC.

But I vote Aebs, I'm sure one could be modified to fit the LS head.

I am using an ported LS Intake Manfifold.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 9 2005, 06:31 PM
He's b o o s t i n g.

Something tells me ITB's are not an option unless he wants to fabricate a surge tank.
[post=458804]Quoted post[/post]​

FYI the skyline gtr uses them... not to bust on you, but it's easy enough to have a plenum tank fabbed. I can't imagine a sheet metal fab would cost that much if you knew exactly what you wanted. But I'm sure it would cost more than an IM that is already being sold, and would require a bit of engineering knowledge.

jg edelbroock no longer exist.... edelbrock dropped javier cuz hes a fucktard.

so, i vote for the edlebrock, sans JG :)

We do LS Turbo Setups all the time.. On stock internals with basically just the Kit.. One we did had a JG Manifold on it and it hit 270whp and it still running strong. I see hitting your mark with no problem.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Feb 9 2005, 09:00 PM-->
dohch22a4
@Feb 9 2005, 06:31 PM
He's b o o s t i n g.

[post=458804]Quoted post[/post]​

FYI the skyline gtr uses them... not to bust on you, but it's easy enough to have a plenum tank fabbed. I can't imagine a sheet metal fab would cost that much if you knew exactly what you wanted. But I'm sure it would cost more than an IM that is already being sold, and would require a bit of engineering knowledge.
[post=458859]Quoted post[/post]​

Way to regurgitate what I already said. I doubt he cares, besides ITB's aren't necessary or practical for his power goals.

And thanks for bestowing upon me that elusive piece of information. I was clueless as to one of the main advantages of the RB26. :roll:

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 10 2005, 02:22 PM
Excellent that is what I want to hear. What kit are you referencing?
[post=459129]Quoted post[/post]​

there are lots of kits, a full-race kit will get ya there.

Of course there are other ways than just buying a kit. You could peice together a similar setup for less than the price of a full race, but if your not into putting in the work yourself, i guess a kit is the way to go.

Originally posted by Speedracer228+Feb 10 2005, 04:43 PM-->
projectxspeed
@Feb 10 2005, 02:22 PM
Excellent that is what I want to hear.  What kit are you referencing?
[post=459129]Quoted post[/post]​

there are lots of kits, a full-race kit will get ya there.

Of course there are other ways than just buying a kit. You could peice together a similar setup for less than the price of a full race, but if your not into putting in the work yourself, i guess a kit is the way to go.
[post=459275]Quoted post[/post]​

How much is the Full Race kit? I know the manifold goes for $1200 so the kit must be what like $4k. Don't mean to thread jack just wondering.

Back