which intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

I am not sure which intake manifold to buy, skunk2 or victor-x...

this is on a pnp (soon to be at least) 98 LS head with a spoon sports 65mm throttle body... also to have a direct port nitrous setup installed

long version:

I had originally set up my engine with the stock ls intake manifold but since things have made a turn for the better I am considering getting a new intake manifold too (and the post on an ls monster didn't hurt). I picked up the throttle body as payment for changing a friends tuming belt and since the head is currently off my engine having valve springs installed I figured on doing a minor pnp (if I mess up I have a spare ls head anyways). Is there going to be a great gain with the change in intake manifolds or will the shorter runners not mix the air and nitrous properly... I can always portmatch the stock intake manifold to the 65mm throttle body

help is appreciated

if you will be going turbo then get the voctorX if you will be staying NA get the skunk2

No turbo in the future plans, only nitrous. So definately change out the manifolds or portmatch the stock intake to the throttle body?

swap it out for the skunk2 one the stock LS one sucks

The erickracing link doesn't work but thanks for the imput guys... has skunk2 fixed the problem with the intake chamber splitting?

I found a victor-x for $348 locally but now to locate a dealer for skunk2

Back