which is better b16 or a h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swaps'r'us

i have a hatchback dx and currently have a stock engine, i have been hearing about the h22 and the b16 which one would be easier to switch to, considering power, tourqe, cost and performance parts afterwards

Rich

Didn't we JUST have Basically the same question here? instead of B18 we now have the same question using a B16 instead.

Do a little research. read the FAQ, look thru this forum. I'm sure it's been answered a few times...

btw I don't know.

The h22 has more horse power but is heavier than a b16. if u swap a h22a4 into your hatch you'll smoke preludes with the same engine cuz your lighter. I sure got smoked by a hatch with one in it.

Originally posted by swaps'r'us@Oct 11 2003, 03:43 PM
i have a hatchback dx and currently have a stock engine, i have been hearing about the h22 and the b16 which one would be easier to switch to, considering power, tourqe, cost and performance parts afterwards

Rich

f@#@ all that i gat a b16a and its ok but if i was you I will get a sohc vetc put some forged pistons and rods and boost a way the b16a needs motor mounts and alot of other shit meaning $$$ and the h22 is a say thing only and more harder the sohc bolts right take your time and build the sohc and a h22 will be nothing

For the car that you are putting the engine in I would go with a b16. Have you ever considered a b18c1?

I would go with the B16. The H22 is a heavier motor and your suspension is not made for that motor so your going to be front heavy. and also the H22 you will not have any room under the hood. the intake manifold will basically be in the firewall and the header will be pretty close to the front. ;)

just keep in mind that there is a lot more after market support for b seris motors, than h22. if i were you i would seriously check into the b18c

Originally posted by dragoon118@Oct 15 2003, 09:45 PM
just keep in mind that there is a lot more after market support for b seris motors, than h22. if i were you i would seriously check into the b18c

I disagree with that unless you are talking OBDI years! They make ALMOST just as much stuff for the ob2's

dont listen to them about not enough room, to heavy or understeer or whatever! i have a 97 hatch with a h22, you will love it trust me! with all the tq and power you will take laot of people wiht b16s, c1, and even c5. dont built no SOHC VTEC motors, those are a waste of money. For your hatch, get some stiffer shocks. dude if you planning to drop in any motor you should at least have a ok to good suspension/shock, get some motor mounts from hasport and you'll be fine. You have plenty of room for the h22, man you can throw in a turbo if you like, dont listen to them about it next to the fire way or understeer, isnt honda all about understeer since if is a FWD car!! if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Back