Which is better for a b16a SIR II, p28. or p30?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

Wondering which is better? i running a p30 right now but i need a sppon sports ecu chip to get rid of the knock sensor. there are alot for a p28 but not p30

Basically, the P30 and the P28 are almost the same, but not really. Pretty sure any chip you could find for a P28, would work on a P30 in respects to the knock. I wouldn't worry so much about a "Spoon" chip, as finding a good chipped P28 for a B16A with the KS disabled, Kenji does them, he post on here, search for him, and email him.

go to PGMFI.org also, there are a lot of very intelligent people with regards to tweaking honda ecus.

or, spend 175 bucks, and have john make you a custom map. phearable.net.

just run the 1 wire for the knock sensor and run the P30 and save yourself some money. Just my opinion though, unless you got hella mods

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 21 2005, 02:21 PM
or, spend 175 bucks, and have john make you a custom map. phearable.net.
[post=514915]Quoted post[/post]​

I hope that includes the ecu. I spent less than that on my chipped pm6 with datalogging mod and a custom basemap. Granted it is obd0, but still. As for tuning, just d/l one of the free editing tools on pgmfi.org, and learn how to write your own bins, then you can learn how to tune your own car. knowledge is power.

Back