1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Master Cylinders Fit?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by B16RacerN2NR, May 28, 2004.

1. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

We are about to do a rear disc set up on my friend's 93 civic and mysteriously enough his master decides to take a shit. so we're gonna go with a bigger master and i was wondering which ones will fit on his stock booster? i was just going to go with the 95 EX master but if there is a bigger better one we could use, please let me know. the lx one is a 13/16...i believe the EX one is a 15/16...i know the integra ones are 1's but i don't know if it'll fit his booster. anyone? thanks

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You can get a 7/8 off a 90-91 civic Si, or I believe the 91 ex is a 15/16 and bolts right on. Most of the 15/16's I have seen other than the EX, have the ears clocked the opposite direction and require correct the booster to bolt it on. Right now I am using the 91 Civic Si MC on my VX booster and it is pretty good, pedal travel is not too bad, and it stops well, when I get off my lazy ass I am going to put in my GSR booster and 15/16 though.

3. B16RacerN2NR

well, with that being said about the 90-91 MC's...on my 89 4 door i used the 15/16 from an 89 prelude Si, it bolted right to the stock booster...so could i use that one on his 93 then? thanks

4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

I also got mine from an 89-ish prelude. it's 15/16. My 95 EX coupe came with a 7/8. perhaps the EX's with ABS have a bigger MC.

5. B16RacerN2NR

UPDATE: now i know why you used the 91 EX MC, John. the fitting for the hard line on the 89 prelude, that is farthest from the booster, is parallel with the other fitting. on the dx's and lx's, the MC has the farther fitting slighty angled upward. i had to bend the hard line down to get it to fit the prelude MC and i almost kinked the whole hard line. didn't want to revive this thread but i thought everyone could learn from my mistake.

6. civicext

civicext Member

well i did the disc brake swop i used the mc off a 92 civic si on my car when my mc blowit works grate :ph34r:
    my car is a 95 coupe

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted