Which model of Hondata best suit my set up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Here is my set up. JDM 98 GSR B18C in a 96 cx hb. I have IB probe 12:3:1 pistons, IB beam ultralite rods, skunk2 stage2 camshafts, valves, springs, retainers, cam gears, DC 4:2:1 header, Fsudo full cat back with OBX high flow cat, cold air intake, prelude injectors, AEM fuel rail and regulator, NGK spark plug wires and some $6 each spark plug. AND HERE IS MY QUESTION.....which HONDATA model is best suit my motor??? I heard of Hondata but havent done any research on them. I check their site and found that they made HOndata chips such as the s100 and s200 and they also made the actual ECU(which cost a lot). any help is well appreciated. by the way, what kind of HP gain do I expect from from this set up and what 1/4 time? I couldnt wait until April 4th, first race of the season. thanks guys. time to upgrade my signature!

I may be talking out of my ass, but I thought hondata didn't make ecu's for OBD-II. Wouldn't you have to convert to OBD-I first?

Don't rely on what I just said, but you might want to check on that first.

there is no obd2 hondata- correct.

you will neen to convert to obd1 (cake, really...)

the s100 is a chip, and IMO, is worthless and a pain in the ass.

get the s200, hondata's pre-chipped p28 with obd2 connector plugs (saves the cost of conversion harness and will plug right in)

from there, with the s200, every other option you may want later on down the road, you can simply unlock with your serial number after you buy the feature.

read up more on hondata.com

BUT- that's just a system. you need to spend time on a dyno with someone who has tuning software and knows wtf they are doing. its not just plug it in and go. it NEEDS *REQUIRES* to be tuned.

i will never speculate a 1/4 time. its bullshit. 9-20secs is my gues

LOL. I kinda like the 9-20 secs. its funny really. thanks guys. I will read more on hondata.com. once again thanks for all the help

I just looked at hondata.com and the s200 is $2xx which is not bad but they required you to buy a basic ROM from the dealer in order to tune the s200(if I understand it correctly. i might be wrong as always) any help futher detial of explaination? thanks!

It is going to cost more than just 300 bucks, you are going to have to pay for the tunign time and a some other shit. It is not just 300 bucks and the Rom. My roommate 150 bucks for tuning and got 15hp and 11lbs. feet of torque. So expect prices upwards of 500 bucks for a hondata system.

$500 for 15HP and 11 torgue is more than I bargain for. Consider spend about $300-400 for DC header and only gain 2-5 HP and full exhaust for $400-500 and only gain the most 5-10HP. So, please someone make this clear, NO ONLY that I have to buy the S200, I will also have to buy the ROM too right??? and the S200 will replace the ECU right? thanks

Back