which motor B18C or B18B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WTF? b18B revs higher and more expensive than the gsr? :ph34r:

i think you mistyped something there bud.

B18C(?) for whatever the hell you want it for. its much more power and fun. its a little more work since you have to wire in vtec, and other shit.ohh and get a P28 to run it but its much more fun.

p28 is for sohc.....he'll need to chip it if he uses it

p28 is for sohc.....he'll need to chip it if he uses it

Ya but its still the cheapest easiest ECU to come by.

To the OP, if your gunna boost in the future, and your on a budget, I say straight LS swap. You can make just as much power with a boosted LS as you can with a boosted LS/V. Not buildin an LS/V will save you some coin for the turbo setup later too.

Ya but its still the cheapest easiest ECU to come by.

To the OP, if your gunna boost in the future, and your on a budget, I say straight LS swap. You can make just as much power with a boosted LS as you can with a boosted LS/V. Not buildin an LS/V will save you some coin for the turbo setup later too.

thats true...ls would be alot easier for sure. and your right gettin ahold of a p28 and gettin it chipped is an easier task than lookin for a damn p30 or p72 like i did. PITA!!

I'd say get a B18b for right now and see if you can snag a B16 or GSR trans from the distributor you buy it from. Swap it in, go LS-VTEC a little later on, and if you're still needing more.. Turbo it, but build it first. Before you even THINK about trying to turbo your car, do at least 15 hours of research on how a turbocharger works, how compressor maps work, and what parts you will need. Also read a few threads on eBay parts, that should keep you from wanting to go the cheap route.

Back