which motor??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sweet_hatch

i need help... i seem to beable to get motors preatty cheap but not the one i want i have a 93 civic hatchback and i orginally wanted a gsr to but in it but i'm finding out thats a bit out of my price range. so i'm looking at a h22 or a b16 the b16 wasn't really what i wanted so i started to look at the h22. i can get the motor tranny ect.. but need to know what all i'm going to need to do the swamp. i did hear that it was a lot of over steering but can i fix it with good suspencion???

I thought the H22 would have a lot of under steer not over steer :blink:

yeah it's understeer, if you make a car nose heavy it becomes further biased towards undesrsteer- Yes, there are springs that will help to subdue it, but when you put a motor that weighs 385lbs in a car that came with one that most likely weighed 200 (d15?) you're still going to have that dead mass in the front of the car- The shifter modification can be a pain in the ass too, since prelude tranny's use a cable shift mechanism and your civic uses rod shift linkage- the best thing to do is go read the pros and cons of an H22a swap

here's the link https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81

B16a is the best bang for your buck ....... dollar per horse, per litre

You can still kinda mess with people.............

Besides, buddy of mine has the the H22 in his 97', parts are madly expensive !!
research very well before buying.......

You should consider going LS-Turbo. If you piece your own kit together and use proper fuel tuning, you will be faster than a B16 hatch.

:werd:- for the amount of time, money and work you're going to have to put into the H22a swap you will not be THAT pleased with the results- just my 2 cents

try swaping a k20a into ur car, its pretty new but its bad ass

i heard really good thing about that swap

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 11 2004, 01:05 AM
:werd:- for the amount of time, money and work you're going to have to put into the H22a swap you will not be THAT pleased with the results- just my 2 cents

My friend has a 92 vx with a h22a swap, and he's more than pleased running high 13's with just exhaust and cold air intake. Sure the b16 and b18 can have high hp, but they lack low end torque. My 2 cents.

Back