Which Motor ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Think

Ok, so im about to buy a 95 Civic EX, and im for sure going to do a motor swap. The question is, what motor should i use? If any, will i run into problems putting a certain motor in etc... The motors im looking into are,

B18C 96-97 (TypeR)
B18C 96-00 (TypeR)
B18C (GSR)
H22A 92-95

Just asking you guys opinion, because you obviously know more about this shit than me.. Thanks

well i'm going to ask the obvious question-

what are you looking for in the car? straight line performance? a boost candidate? a road race car?

that will make it easier to decide what you might want to swap

well, if i get a b18c, i doubt ill be adding a turbo any time soon. As for what im looking for, im going for performance, and a semi daily driver. In which case i do have another car. Thanks again

personally i favor the b18c1

less expensive than the type r and quite nice for around town driving without getting groceries at 8200 rpm

h22a could be fun if you just want a quick car for around town, but it's not the easiest swap and will require some suspension work

depending on what type of racing you plan to do with the car i would lean more twards the B18C (GSR)
great base to start with
lots of potential

the ITR engine is great ... but its a waste unless you plan to road course with it IMHO

Back