Which motor??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kartman

Im trying to decide on which motor to swap into my eg. I was looking to either get a b16a1 or b16a2. The 1st gen is a lot cheaper and has 10 less hp. So im trying to decide on which to get??

a 1st gen B16 is a serious pain in the ass to get into an EG+
the tranny is useless (its cable opperated, your car is set up for hydro opperated) you can get a conversion kit but its not worth it IMO
the 1st gen B16 is OBD-0 your car is OBD-1... it is a bitch and a half to wire an OBD-0 engine into an OBD-1+ car

in the end it will most likely cost you more to get the 1st gen B16 in there than it would have to get the right engine from the begining

get an OBD-1 or OBD-2 B16 (it is easy to get an OBD-2 engine to run in an OBD-1 car) it will give you far less headaches

So if i got the second gen b16 it would be a much easier swap and more direct? But then how do i pass smog with a jdm motor?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 21 2004, 05:10 PM
2nd gen is OBD-1. the OBD-2 B16 is the B16B, which is in the Civic Type R.
[post=366447]Quoted post[/post]​

:no:

the B16A comes in OBD-0 (91 and older) OBD-1 (92-95) OBD-2a/b (96-+)

the B16A has NOTHING to do with the B16B

completly different engines

Originally posted by kartman@Jul 21 2004, 05:19 PM
So if i got the second gen b16 it would be a much easier swap and more direct? But then how do i pass smog with a jdm motor?
[post=366454]Quoted post[/post]​

there are articles about all of this shit in the articles section .... go do some research

Back