which motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmh04

hey guys was up

I wanna ask u guys wat motor u guys think i should put in my crx i wanna be able 2 beat other hondas and have a respectable crx on the street and track i set a goal of reaching 12s but i dont wanna deal with the constant tunning of a turbo motor needs so a na motor is the way it looks money aint no problem i wanna drive the to school to work and home so streetablility is a must for a daily driver i plan on working the motor up im just stuck on the choice of motor to run in the crx .

my oler brother posted a topic in the ek section cuz hes stuck also but hes a bum!!

Originally posted by jdmh04@Jul 23 2004, 03:59 AM
hey guys was up

I wanna ask u guys wat motor u guys think i should put in my crx i wanna be able 2 beat other hondas and have a respectable crx on the street and track i set a goal of reaching 12s but i dont wanna deal with the constant tunning of a turbo motor needs so a na motor is the way it looks money aint no problem i wanna drive the to school to work and home so streetablility is a must for a daily driver i plan on working the motor up im just stuck on the choice of motor to run in the crx .

my oler brother posted a topic in the ek section cuz hes stuck also but hes a bum!!
[post=367228]Quoted post[/post]​

an overbore itr would be sweet.

^^^ Dude, WTF?? Why would you over bore an ITR. Thats a waste of a good motor. If you're rebuilding start with a GSR or b20 motor. You'll have to replace everything that makes it an ITR if you bore it out (except the head, which you could have baught for MUCH cheaper than the engine). An ITR head on a b20 or bored gsr botom end would make more sense.

I say build an 11:1 GSR motor and Bottle Feed it...

For my CRX I will be building a stock bore (84mm) 97 B20 Block, built with IB spec rods, pistons to net something around 12:1 or 13:1 CR the head will be a 91 B16 head, full skunk2 valve train, ITR cams Skunk2 Intake manifold, Iceman Intake, Fluidyne "Integra" radiator, 2 Fal fans, Most likely Hasport EF2 Mount kit for hydro tranny and Ill be using an ITR or LSD GSR tranny....

ive choose 2 get a b18c work tht up and regardless of my turboless mind im gonna build a turbod out gsr motor and if the block blows ill work up a b20 on th side

Back