1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which motor?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by GODSPEED, Mar 5, 2007.

1. GODSPEED

GODSPEED New Member

which motor should i drop in my 97 civic coupe dx my y7 is dead I'm thinking of going B series.which would be the easiest drop in but i also want the power i would like to reach 200 bhp and im going to use a zex nitrous 35 or 50 shot.i have read the swap articals.also sorry for this newb question but what year of integ. do i need to look for to have a OBD 2 motor. and what motor would that be id like to have a B18 but would settle for a b16 but I've been seeing you guys saying that the B16 drags ass!any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Mike

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well if money is not a problem buy a b16b,, but the integras with obd2 is a 96+

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

The B series will drop in pretty easy. B18 will give you more power (if you are going to modify and tune and all of that good stuff) Grab a GSR motor.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

b16b is overrated...

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

its all opinion,

6. b18c1vic

b18c1vic Junior Member

B16's and B18's will be the same amount of difficulty to swap. They both are pretty comprable, in hp and tq. You get a little more out of the b18c compared to a b16a, but you pay a little more for it. If your looking for 200 crank hp, you should be fine with a b16 if your running a 50 shot.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted