Which mounts have to be replaced?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I recently put a b16 into my 97 civic, where I replace all my mounts with Hasports. I'm doing my friends and he wants OEM mounts cuzz he said my car "vibrates" too much. People are telling me that you don't have to replace all the mounts, just the rear bracket. Is that true? :huh:

Thanx for all your wisdom! :D :worthy:

none of them HAVE to be replaced but replace them all of more reliability

I heard that the rear "L" bracket and the mount on the driver side HAD to be replaced. Is that true? Can someone else answer with some correct information? Thanx.

Dude i just got a b18c swap in my ek (96-00) civic and the only mounts that had to be replaced was the DRIVERS SIDE ENGINE MOUNT and the REAR TRANSMISSION MOUNT. Your gonna wanna get the 99-00 CIVIC SI DRIVERS SIDE MOUNT AND REAR TRANSMISSION MOUNT. And trust me i know what i'm talking about because i just did this swap a few weeks ago. :spin:

the rear mount should be replaced with a GSR rear mount. I believe you can still use the front upper motor mount, You don't have to use the lower motor mount or the lower tranny mount.

When doing the swap I would suggest getting new or upgraded mounts, I had 2 gsr moutns bust on me over the span of 2 years wtih my hybrid.

thanx! Got the rear tranny mount and driver side mount, gonna put the engine in this weekend. Thanx again to all those with actual answers. :D

Engine's in... will post pix when it's runnin'!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 19 2004, 09:19 PM
I believe you can still use the front upper motor mount, You don't have to use the lower motor mount or the lower tranny mount.

Depends on the bracket on the motor. And no you don't HAVE to use the torque mounts, but they do affect performance bigtime. I drove mine without them for a while, and when I finally replaced them it was night and day. Now if you're running the HAsport pieces, they are hard enough to hold the motor in place and they are not required.

Back