1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which mounts?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by xj0hnx, Dec 31, 2002.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Ok I need some opinions about aftermarket motor mounts,preferably from people who have used them.I've contacted a few places and prices all seem about the same.Does anyone have experiance with Hasport,Place Racing or Madavi Motorsport?Not that it really matters,but they are going for a b16 into a 5th gen.And yes I know I can use the stock,I already am.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

umm- I'll answer your question that you already answered. i say just get a set of poly inserts.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The thing is,from what I've been reading that the mounts may be the reason my axle is screwed up.If I have the wrong one somewhere would I be able to tell by looking at the mounts and the way the engine sits or could the difference be obsure to the eye but enough to cause damage?The two that I didn't get were the bottom stabilizers,I used my drivers side but the passengers didn't line up.Like I said in my post before,it was fine for a few days and then it just started thumping(drivers side)when I wasn't on the throttle.I just ordered new axles and don't want to take a chance that something is out of whack and be wasting money.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted