Which octane level

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blocked

Which octane level should I use for my 2000 gsr? I use 89 now but i read up on a site that said gsr's should run 91? Is it okay to run 89 or should i always run 91?

if its not pinging then you are fine

if you will be doing a lot of hard driving i would go with the higher octane just for the added insurance though

i kinda mislead him. I don't have a GSR, so I can't tell for sure, but if E and NoJoke say you can use 89 (and not ping) then you can use 89.

What I was saying was if you do use 93 like Milan says, then 91 would be safe as it's in the same group of premium as 93 since a lot of stations won't have more than 91 octane.

On a just thought up question...how do you figure out octane ratings? r+m/2 is the formula...but what does it mean?

i DO NOT know if it is safe to run 89 in a GSR... all i was saying is if it doesnt ping i GUESS hes ok

as long as it doesnt ping run the cheapest gas you can why pay more if you not using it to the full potental!

i run 93 on the street in my ITR engine

i run unleaded 100 octane when im at the track though

when racing balls out for 25-35 min its a little added insurance :shrug2:

How do i know if its pinging or not? Is it a loud sound or what?

go with 91

it will cost you what $1 per tank over running 89?????

fuck it its a dollar

Back