Which Of These Tires Would U Go With?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffg989

Nitto NT450 205/40/17 $925.00 order
Hankook 205/40/17 $845.00 order
Kuhmo 205/40/17 $865.00 order
Falken 205/40/17 $880.00 order
Toyo Z 205/40/17 $965.00 order

which of these is the best tire for daily driving in crappy chicago weather? although i will be putting stock tires back on for the winter, and i know common sense tells me the more expensive the better, but does the performance of the toyo z really reflect the higher price?

what the hell model of each tire

the ony one you listed was the nittos
Hankook what?
Kuhmo what?
Falken what?
Toyo Z... ok you gave us the speed rating but what model???

Bad weather tires? STAY AWAY FROM THE TOYO PROXES FZ4's.

I highly recommend the Falken Ziex 512. It's a very nice all season tire that's fairly cheap too. I'm surprised how well mine grip this spring.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 29 2003, 02:20 AM
all those tires are shitty.

17s are shitty

especially in shitty chicago weather

Originally posted by ovcrash@Apr 29 2003, 09:53 PM
what do you think about the Toyo Proxes T1-S Ultra Performance? anyone had them? or tryed them?

decent, but not worth the price if you ask me

The Yokohama Parada Spec-2s are AWESOME :D in dry weather... Haven't driven them in rain rain (drizzle here lately).

I had Toyo FZ4 Proxes and it's Terrible in wet weather. Very slippery. (Then again, my camber was off a few degrees and the tires were wearing out from the inside.) Now I have Parada Spec-2's. They're really sticky and I haven't had any problems with them. (Then again, I installed a camber kit when I got the Paradas) :lol: Hmmm, the new Nitto tires are appealing. I don't think they're out yet.

Back