Which One Should I Go With?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondadude199

I have a 92 civic EX and I am planning on putting a b16 in, wondering if Im going to be happy with it. Iv heard that if you make more than 185hp the tranny will go. I also would like to go with a GSR but dont have that kind of money. LS is cheap, but is it even worth it. I would like to boost, but it will be a LONG time. Ill have about 2000-2500 to play around with(more if I wait a little longer). ill do some road racing and drag, goals are maybe high 13sec with some mods. Please help me out

::Edit:: If I get a b16, which car would I get it out of? It will be a daily driver

I would go with a 1.8, it's a much better starting point, not to say you can't get there with a 1.6 but you better be ready to drop some weight and be a fucking good driver, like me :D I would seriously go with a 1.8. If you don't have the money for a 1.8, then save for one. I think you will be much happier in the long run.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 20 2003, 12:20 AM
I would seriously go with a 1.8. If you don't have the money for a 1.8, then save for one. I think you will be much happier in the long run.

agreed
save up a little more and get the GSR
its a better starting point

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 19 2003, 11:20 PM
I would go with a 1.8, it's a much better starting point, not to say you can't get there with a 1.6 but you better be ready to drop some weight and be a fucking good driver, like me :D I would seriously go with a 1.8. If you don't have the money for a 1.8, then save for one. I think you will be much happier in the long run.

Milan

thats all I needed to hear, Thanks for the help

ps what do you think a 92 ex 4dr with the gsr (stock) motor do in a 1/4 mile

It's a sleeper, I like the hatchs for weigh and looks, but thats my opinion.
not sure what it would run with just the GSR motor in it, well I am guessing a 15.3, guess with nothing else just the motor.

Milan

Ok im going with a GSR, now can you tell me if it would be cheaper to get the 1.8 block and put a b16 head on it or just the whole gsr swap

ps would it make any more power with the b16 head

Thanks

get the GSR ... the only time it is less expensive to do an LSVTEC is if you already have an LS
building one correctly is not as simple as just slapping a head on the block

I had roughly the same kind of question........ I have a 92 civic vx (picked her up for cheap, plus she's light as f*ck), and anyways coming up real soon (end of june) i will have $2500 - maybe maybe $3000. I keep debating between going b18b (and eventually turboing but that will be in the far future like 4 - 6 months) or b16 (and eventually turboing)... I know that the b18b has more torque and a more usable powerband, but thats a long way off to go with only 145hp, it is a step up from the frickin 92hp i have now. So what I'm saying is, i know for the long run the b18b is a better choice, and i just need some reassurance, because this is a big fuckin purchase for me being 17. Also, I have a full custom 2 1/4 exhaust (that ill upgrade when i eventually go turbo) but will the b18b bolt up to it (reason i ask is on the vx the cat is actually vertical in front of the engine), anybody know if it'll bolt up? This is the end of my mindless rambling....thanks in advance for any information.

b18b for turbo

ls/t ownz you.

b16/t or just b16 will be fast also, just not AS fast. Still a good motor choice.

best option : b18 base with a b16 head

:)

sounds good, Im assuming the GSR mounts will work in my car and is their anything eles I need to know before i buy the swap and put it in?

Originally posted by hondadude199+May 23 2003, 01:28 AM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 22 2003, 10:53 PM
chasengnouc
@May 22 2003, 10:46 PM
if you have the money and a very good technican doing your work...H22A.

go away.

Are you taking to me or chasengnouc? <_<

chasengnouc, his post did not belong in this thread. and most of his other posts are BS.

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 20 2003, 11:29 AM
It's a sleeper, I like the hatchs for weigh and looks, but thats my opinion.
not sure what it would run with just the GSR motor in it, well I am guessing a 15.3, guess with nothing else just the motor.

Milan

15.3?? my friends 94 civic ex does 14.3

Back