Which One ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

I have a 99 Civic EX. I want to do a swap but I want to know which engine ? Should I go with the B16 B18B ? I want to do just bolt-ons to start and eventually go turbo ? what is going work out the best for me and help out my pocket too ?

Go for the B16.It will be a satisfing(sp) motor till you get boosted and will respond well when you do.

The B18B is a decent motor that is pretty cheap, it has low factory compression so you can boost a little more when you add the turbo kit, but you won't have VTEC

The B16a will be fun to drive cause it like's to be revved out like a mofo due to the rod stroke ratio and lack of tq. I have always been a fan of hondas first vtec motor

You could go with a B18c, which has a little less compression than a stock B16a but has more displacement than the 1.6.

Well if money is an issue I would go with the B18b, I have seen plenty of satisfied people with 1.8nonvtecs, plus later down the road you can build an LSvtec.

Milan

my vote goes to the B18. it's cheap and you can use the extra money to build it up for the f/i.

hey, 92b16vx, nice pic of that supra, i have that option2 video at home, that RE RX7 is freaking crazy, and that scene with that supra is dope, but my favorite part is the EK topfuel Turbo hatch, when that thing hits VTEC is just SCREAMSSSSSSS.

Milan

Back