Which One?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no problem the the vtec integras are 1797

ummm the compression ratio of the b18c1 is fine for turbo.. If you plan on running something like 15 psi then you might want to lower the compression. But if you just want to slap a turbo kit on like full race or something, youll be fine. Its been done an uncountable (is that a word?) number of times. You're starting off with a better platform with a better flowing head and those coveted oil spoogers.

Unless you want to go further than bolt ons (i.e. cams, pistons, valvetrain, etc) then get the LS. But if all you want to do is put a turbo kit on and leave it at that, gsr. Dont get caught in the hype of the cr or the tq you get with the ls...

wow i wonder which one i should get now...if i were to get a ls and wanted to put a turbo on it, what other modifications would be necessary or recomended? or, could the stock ls motor handle a decent amount of boost compared to the gsr? thanks guys.

in stock trim, both will pretty much be able to hold the same amount of boost. Just get it tuned for the love of god, that is what matters most, not a 0.8 difference in the compression ratio..

in stock trim, both will pretty much be able to hold the same amount of boost. Just get it tuned for the love of god, that is what matters most, not a 0.8 difference in the compression ratio..
:werd:

The LS transmission blows. How do I know? I have one. Anyone who does any competitive racing at the track will tell you that the LS transmission sucks, for drag racing and road racing and anything else where you have to beat someone else in order to win. Instead of blaming traction problems on the gearing, try attacking the problem other ways. If you are doing this car the right way, you'll be running some sort of engine management. Most if not all EM programs have a launch control option, which works wonders to launch while minimizing the amount of wheel spin. Traction bars as well as mount inserts (or as in my case, solid motor mounts) reduce wheelhop, which is a big culprit contributing to traction problems in drag racing. Finally, if you are serious about drag racing and want to reduce the wheelspin dramatically, get slicks, or at least wider tires.

My suggestion - GSR, hands down, and while you are at it, install an OBX LSD in the transmission. You have a better platform to start with.

I also have the ls tranny and yes it does suck but this guys want to use it for street driving with a turbo. That tranny should be just fine for the turbo motor as a dd.

It's far from optimal, and inferior to the GSR transmission. If he is on a limited budget, it will work, but if he has the cash, it's best to spend it on a better starting platform. a GSR has a much higher potential from the start, and for only a marginally higher cost.

Your right, If he has the money he should get the jdm gsr tranny because it has the lsd.

ummm....he's talking about buying an entire car, bro.

and also, buy a 95, because in 1996 they switched over to obd2. Obd1 is necessary for tuning with Crome, Hondata and Neptune.

so should i get the gsr over the ls? and would that be better for a turbo later on? thanks for all the replies guys.

Jdm gsr if you can find one, they come stock with lsd.
actually, they are only optional on the jdm gsr transmissions. And I'm pretty sure he's still talking about buying an entire car, but whatever.

Get a gsr, you'll be happy. Either way, turbo or na, it's a better car than the LS by far.

Back