WHICH PISTONS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

I have been told that i need flat top pistons for the rebuild and of a LS. I am not going to be using any stock pistons. I am fore sure going to be buying aftermarket pistons. I am going to turbo this motor late on but not now. I will more then likely be around 8-13 lbs.

thats who told me to go with the flat top pistons and i just was wanting to know if anybody else had a suggestion on this. but thanks for your reply, but already been there.

import builders is good shit...you could also look into JE, CP, Arias, Endyn...but remember, you must go with a forge rod also if you go with any of these. They all work on a "free floating" wrist pin setup and will not work with factory rods without major modification. Plus if you plan on boosting it down the road, you are going to be better off for reliability with a forged pisto/rod combo.

matt

this will be my first build for power and i am not sure of aftermarket parts. I have done complete rebuilds to factory specs but not aftermarket. Does wiseco make a flat top piston..? And if so i guess importbuilders was right about going with a flat top piston for this build..?

well if ur gonna boost it and want to run high boost go low compression (flat top) or if you gonna stay low boost which you are wanting to do and can get rid of some extra heat do a little bit higher compression pistons 10:1 if you can take even more heat then 11:1 or 10.5:1. My buddy has an ls vtec that is built he is running 12.5 compression on 14lbs of boost on race gas and puts down 11.2 in the quarter.

crower rods and weisco pistons

Back