Which Radiator to use with LS swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

I have a 94 civic, with the LS motor. I originally used my stock radiator and had the larger DOHC Del Sol hoses that were too large for the OEM SOHC radiator and I have to clamp them down too much.

I just learned that the bottom hose is leaking and the radiator has a small pin hole in it.

I am looking for an aluminum radiator, same size as stock (1/2 size) but with the larger DOHC inlets...

I checked Fluidyne and Koyo and PWR but they dont list inlet sizes for the hoses. I dont want to buy an expensive radiator and still ahve the hoses not fit perfect.

Anyone know which 1/2 size 92-95 civic radiator has the larger inlets for DOHC?

all depends on your pockets man. if you want to spend big bucks go with the Fluidyne. IF you are going turbo i would go with the Fluidyne, but i am using my stock one with my b16 and it is holding up just fine :ph34r:

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 29 2005, 11:29 AM
all depends on your pockets man. if you want to spend big bucks go with the Fluidyne. IF you are going turbo i would go with the Fluidyne, but i am using my stock one with my b16 and it is holding up just fine  :ph34r:
[post=453067]Quoted post[/post]​

I just want the damn hoses to fit perfect. I know they make 1/2 size radiators with bigger inlets to accomidate for the larger diameter hoses on the DOHC motors

But which ones have the larger inlets? Fluidyne? PWR? Koyo>?

Im sure you can use an Integra radiator... I mean you may need to mod the core support of mounts on teh radiator but... itll work. Or pick up a del Sol VTEC radiator...

Just get the DOHC del Sol radiator... it fits in just like the stock radiator, and it has the same cooling capacity as the Integra full width radiator.

yeah i tried that integras radiator and it was not a good thing to long and it doesn't bolt up right, my boy got a nice rad from auto zone it was 120 all alum.

Back