1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which radiators work best

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by wannaberacer, Aug 4, 2004.

1. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

I'm almost done with my b18c swap into my crx and I was wondering if the stock 22" core radiator is ok with this motor. I don't have much money but I was maybe wondering if some other honda radiator would work better. Let me know what cools you guys down.

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

your stock one will work perfectly fine...the only radiator(s) that would work better are the after-market ones such as fluidyne.

3. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

yep what he said! i'm useing my 89 crx si rad. with my B18c. i plan on getting a "shorty" rad. from a 94 era civic. for when i go turbo this winter!!

4. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

teg radiator will work also, but you gain the weight and lose engine bay space!

5. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

I was on ebay and there was the 13x13x1 aluminum core radiator from a del sol for pretty cheap. Would that work ok also??? It seems that its a little too small for anything exept a d-series motor. I'm assuming this is the "shorty" radiator you guys are talking about. I mean, I can get the 13x13 one for the price of a new brass/copper core crx one, would they both work fine? I have no A/C obviously, so I wouldn't need the 2nd radiator fan with the sol radiator...Let me know!!!

6. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

for you guys wanting to use the 92+civic radiator...it is too tall and you will need cut away some of the crossmember and some of the radiator support so that it sinks and you will also need an after-market fan. one that is thinner because the stock one for that particular radiator is too fat and it will run into the crossmember and not let the radiator sit low enough to close your hood. i found this out the hard way and now i can't go back because my radiator support as halfway cut out now. your best bet is to get one of the fans that sit on the opposite side of the radiator so it is between your radiator and intercooler.

7. 4gCRX

4gCRX Junior Member

2 row all metal from radiator.com...$150 shipped next day. My temp guage never reaches half on my b16a.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted