which radiators work best

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm almost done with my b18c swap into my crx and I was wondering if the stock 22" core radiator is ok with this motor. I don't have much money but I was maybe wondering if some other honda radiator would work better. Let me know what cools you guys down.

Originally posted by wannaberacer@Aug 4 2004, 03:23 AM
I'm almost done with my b18c swap into my crx and I was wondering if the stock 22" core radiator is ok with this motor. I don't have much money but I was maybe wondering if some other honda radiator would work better. Let me know what cools you guys down.
[post=372392]Quoted post[/post]​

your stock one will work perfectly fine...the only radiator(s) that would work better are the after-market ones such as fluidyne.

teg radiator will work also, but you gain the weight and lose engine bay space!

I was on ebay and there was the 13x13x1 aluminum core radiator from a del sol for pretty cheap. Would that work ok also??? It seems that its a little too small for anything exept a d-series motor. I'm assuming this is the "shorty" radiator you guys are talking about. I mean, I can get the 13x13 one for the price of a new brass/copper core crx one, would they both work fine? I have no A/C obviously, so I wouldn't need the 2nd radiator fan with the sol radiator...Let me know!!!

for you guys wanting to use the 92+civic radiator...it is too tall and you will need cut away some of the crossmember and some of the radiator support so that it sinks and you will also need an after-market fan. one that is thinner because the stock one for that particular radiator is too fat and it will run into the crossmember and not let the radiator sit low enough to close your hood. i found this out the hard way and now i can't go back because my radiator support as halfway cut out now. your best bet is to get one of the fans that sit on the opposite side of the radiator so it is between your radiator and intercooler.

2 row all metal from radiator.com...$150 shipped next day. My temp guage never reaches half on my b16a.

Back