1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which rear trans bracket for b16 swap?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by HATCHET_HONDA, Oct 23, 2008.

1. HATCHET_HONDA

HATCHET_HONDA scottie fizzle

so i just bought some hasport mounts to finally drop the b16 in my 91 dx hatch and im noticing a few things..the drivers side engine bracket doesnt fit the mount, it came on the block when i bought it so i didnt think id need a diff one but the bolt holes dont align. also i have a 95 gsr hydro trans and the bracket fits the trans but is waayyy too wide for the rear crossmember mount..wtf? do i need both brackets from an ls or something?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

3. HATCHET_HONDA

i knew that id need the top part of the instructions.. the paperwork i got with the kit wasnt legible lol..new problem tho. theres 2 allen head bolts and i know that one goes to the release arm but wheres the other go? and i cant tighten the one allen bolt i used cause the arm wouldnt be able to move freely..dammit:huh:

4. HATCHET_HONDA

OK.. i got the bracket from a 93 teg. ive noticed that the drivers side mount sits slanted on the bracket. the motor seems to lean forward too much! is that how its supposed to fit? im confused

5. HATCHET_HONDA

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted