which s2000 is better??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

whats the most powerful s2000 production year, or are they all the same? im in the market as of yesterday so its just a matter of procuring the vehicle, I have a comptech supercharger kit for it already whcih is a 108 hp add on but i am just curious as to which year s200 would be my best starting platform

04+ (or was it 03?) is a 2.2L with more torque, but same HP output and a lower redline. basically a stroked 2.0L

so either way it really dosent matter then? i think the comptech will make up for that " stroked 2.0"

look for low CR ratio the lower the better...LOL i youre going to SC your engine dont worry about HP worry about detonation...

Originally posted by B16@Jan 3 2005, 09:04 PM
04+ (or was it 03?) is a 2.2L with more torque, but same HP output and a lower redline. basically a stroked 2.0L
[post=440726]Quoted post[/post]​

it was 04 that got the 2.2L with a lower redline (8 grand instead of 9), updated front and rear fascias, and 10 spoke 17s.

if your going with a used one like the 00's-03's then try to get the 02 or higher, since they usually put down like 5 more whp on the dyno. Plus they had glass as the rear window instead of plastic.

Is there a difference in the rear ends of those models? If your gonna SC that thing you want the rear end to be able to handle it, I know I have heard lots of complaints around the net about their weakness.

04's and up have
- better wheels/tires
- more TQ
- better, stronger tranny

03's and below have
- higher redline
- lower compression (not sure)

but to straight up answer your question, 04's and up are the most "powerful"

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jan 4 2005, 12:51 AM
i remember in road and track (i think), comptech had an s2000 and it blew the rear transfer case right off...
[post=440829]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm you mean rear diff? transfer case is for 4WD

I haven't heard anything bad about the rear diff, a lot of s2k guys upgrade to either a 4.4, 4.55, 4.77 from the factory 4.1 final drive and some guys buy the comptech differential strenghtener.....forgot the name of it.

I test drove the '04 yesterday actually, dealer was willing to let her go for 27k new.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 4 2005, 01:13 PM
I haven't heard anything bad about the rear diff, a lot of s2k guys upgrade to either a 4.4, 4.55, 4.77 from the factory 4.1 final drive and some guys buy the comptech differential strenghtener.....forgot the name of it.

I test drove the '04 yesterday actually, dealer was willing to let her go for 27k new.
[post=440964]Quoted post[/post]​

27k new? WTF? my friend was gonna buy one for 21k for a 2000, and that was a good price around here. where u at JDMilan?

thanks guys for all the info, i went and bought my brand new s2k yesterday, i only paid 25 so im not sure where you guys are shopping but id keep looking Mine is brand new, no miles from the dealership they took it off the truck the morning before i bought it, i do have a "sales buddy" hah and since i paid cash all was good and noone in the dealerships management bitched haha. The comptech install started this morning i just cant wait i want the power and i want it now haha.

oh yeah its an 04 shes Red and ohhh so beautiful, i was going to go yellow but that color gets old after a while.

well thanks again guys

I was under the impression that installing a supercharger/turbo on a brand new n/a engine was a bad idea....but then again, I don't know much about that area of things.

its not a very complicated install so if i fuks the engine up i have that honda extended warranty hah, ill just change it all back to stock and say it fd up haha its ok tho i ran about 500 miles since i got it, i drove it out to san antonio and back so i think its ok. comptech said its not a big deal just take it easy and dont go revin all insane with no miles on the motor, im not to worried about it tho.
well ill make sure i post up some pics and times when its done.
later guys

no i bought it in fontana CA but yeah hit me up when your ready for the purchase and ill see what i can do, youve certainly helped me out enough on here

Originally posted by ryangt@Jan 4 2005, 07:11 PM
no i bought it in fontana CA but yeah hit me up when your ready for the purchase and ill see what i can do, youve certainly helped me out enough on here
[post=441130]Quoted post[/post]​

Coooooool. :thumbsup: It may never happen, but it's always good to have the network of people set up. :)

Back