which s2000 is better??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 4 2005, 10:10 PM
useless without pics!!

welcome to the s2000 club... i think that makes 2 of us on here lol
[post=441183]Quoted post[/post]​

Rsaeni? I forget how to spell his name, he bought that yellow one. If he ever came back again that'd make three.

so cool thats abotu 3 people now with s2ks, ill try to post some pics up soon, but hey the crx luv is still there, i kept both of them so i can have projects still, im almost done restoring the 90 hf i have if anyones interested in that one

where do you guys chill, and when? im usually up here on the weekends, im in the navy so im down in san diego alot but yeah id be up for hangin prolly just roll in the ls rex for now, shes a bad bitch haha

I live in south florida, actually the s2k I was going to buy was from Delray Beach Honda. And honestly I probably could have took the price lower, it was the year 05 and I was pricing out an 04 technically. and yes within literally 10 minutes I took the price from 33k to 27k, but all I wanted to do is see how I would fit into the 04's, which my left arm doesn't agree with. So now I am down to Evo, STi, and G35...........go figure

go g35 bro, my old man owns a mitsu dealership and my Gf owns an sti ive drivven them all, the lancers heavy and slugish a neon srt-4 beats the lancer so its not worth it, the sti is fast no doubt but the lancer will beat it in the quarte so whats that tell you? G35 is big pimpin shit just like the s2k i was about to go g35 but i got such a deal on the s2k and loved it i couldnt resist, im happy with my choice, the g35 is a bigger car than the s2k by alot and it feels that big too, the s2ks nimble.

Lancer --- slower than a srt-4 neon but faster than the sti very nimble
Sti-------- heavy, slow, and feels like your driving a bigrig
g35-------- big, fast, badass not as nimble as the s2k but still very responsive if those are your three choices its g35 all the way, its a very nice balance

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 5 2005, 08:09 PM
So now I am down to Evo, STi, and G35...........go figure
[post=441788]Quoted post[/post]​

go evo, i know i would do it all over again :)

and sorry, but the evo is quicker than an srt4

evo 0-62 in 5.1 seconds http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/lancer_evo.asp
srt4 0-62 in 5.8 seconds http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/srt4.asp

(for some reason had a hard time finding data on either car..? i suck at google tonight :( )
and the thing is just plain fun to drive :)

Damn! How'd you feel walking around with 25k cash???? That's the kind of shit you need a briefcase for!

Originally posted by ryangt@Jan 5 2005, 10:44 PM
Sti-------- heavy, slow, and feels like your driving a bigrig
[post=441846]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha, that's pretty good. Hey, as long as we're posting 0-62 numbers:

Sti 0-62 in 4.8 seconds http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/impreza_wrx_sti.asp

If that's what driving a "heavy, slow bigrig" is like, sign me up to get my Class C Driver's License. :lol:

And for the record, the SRT-4 handles like shit from the factory, and will get blow out of the water on a road course by either the EVO or the STi.

I'd get the STi (just throw in a little competition to B16's recommendation :p ) because I like the extra displacement and those massive brakes. :)

i got to drive in my buddies STi and it is deffinatly not slow and sluggish. Ive never ridden in an EVO or SRT-4, but Id deffinatly pimp an STi. Id take an EVO as well, but it will be a cold day in hell when i drive a damn neon.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Jan 6 2005, 09:36 AM
i got to drive in my buddies STi and it is deffinatly not slow and sluggish. Ive never ridden in an EVO or SRT-4, but Id deffinatly pimp an STi. Id take an EVO as well, but it will be a cold day in hell when i drive a damn neon.
[post=442049]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, now that i can agree with :)

and chris, sti is a wonderful car, evo is just better ;)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2005, 10:28 AM
If that's what driving a "heavy, slow bigrig" is like, sign me up to get my Class C Driver's License. :lol:
[post=442036]Quoted post[/post]​

ok... so... you have a CLASS C license NOW i hope... A and B are the 'commercial' truck licenses. :p

hehehe.

That's such bullshit. The SRT-4 is a cheap piece of dogshit, it's ugly and runs at least .6 slower in the quarter mile than the EVO. And STi is faster than the EVO in a straight line. Both of them are faster than a fucking G35. ryangt- you have your shit severely mixed up.

Anyhow, JDMilan, I would get the STi. I like the design of the engine alot. Big bore plus short stroke = :thumbsup:

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jan 6 2005, 11:16 PM-->
That's such bullshit. The SRT-4 is a cheap piece of dogshit, it's ugly and runs at least .6 slower in the quarter mile than the EVO. And STi is faster than the EVO in a straight line. Both of them are faster than a fucking G35. ryangt- you have your shit severely mixed up.

Anyhow, JDMilan, I would get the STi. I like the design of the engine alot. Big bore plus short stroke = :thumbsup:
[post=442418]Quoted post[/post]​

who drives an sti or an evo in a straight line anyways? :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 7 2005, 07:51 AM
B16
@Jan 6 2005, 08:11 PM
and chris, sti is a wonderful car, evo is just better ;)
[post=442354]Quoted post[/post]​

Got any extra of that wonderful crack you're smokin? :bo:
[post=442511]Quoted post[/post]​

:puff: :puff: :pass:

ok, i think we've whored this thread quite nicely

well im glad youve read the latest issues of motortrend and consulted all your friends on the subject because im sure they have consulted all their friends and read all the same magazines, Im expressing my PERSONAL OPINION from actually putting all these cars through their paces, 1/4 times and cornering all depend on drivers and everyone knows that, and im sorry but ive put the brand new evo against the new neon srt4 and sorry to all you evo lovers because im one too, but the evo straight out lost, it didnt rip off the line it just lost no competition, and the sti isnt that impressive either If youve never driven a powerful car then fine youll be impressed shit go get a crx with an ls im sure youll think thats just screamin too haha.
dont comment if you just reading magazine articles and dont know shit about shit.
oh yeah and the trimmed sti i was driving left the dealership at 36 grand, are you fukin kidding me thats an insane amount of money for a not so insane car. My s2k with the comptech will stick your balls into the back of your throat, so SHUSHH :D

so like i said personal opinion not starting any wars here haha

well sorry to say for you i own an 05 evo, i've driven the sti. and i've also played with srt4's, no they are not faster than the evo. i'm not sure what "magazine" you got that from, but from personal experience and whave everyone else has tested, the neon just sucks. sorry kid, enjoy your s2k.

im not backing the neon, i hate those peices of shit. The sti is more impressive to drive than the evo and sorry dood but what i post up is what ive experianced, i DROVE these cars and my opinions arent from freakin mags i dont care about the factories numbers, i care about the strip number and sorry but take that evo out and prepare for that ass to be smacked.

im not knocking anyone shit im just saying i drove them and its my own opinion agree or disagree i really dont care but hey if you need mitsu parts i got deals out the ass, like i said my old man runs a mitsu dealership and gets massive hookups on parts, even perf stuff but he only uses top speed so anything they got he can get if you need it.

what i post up is what i've experienced too. and what i've seen first hand at road course events and time trials. funny how evos spank the sti's every time. but your experience shows different. were you driving them in a parking lot or something? :lol:

Back