which sensor is this??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i needed a CTS from a obd1 b16 if you guys dont remember.. well i found what i thought was gonna be one.. this is what i recieved, it looks nothing like what i took off my motor .. i need to know so i can resell or something.. i purchased it off of honda-tech.com from TYPERman2001
10018275757.jpg

the CTS is located right under the vtec solenoid and to the right of the distributor correct..

because when i went to change it, thats what i took off and coolant spilled out, so i'm assuming that is the CTS.. but this is way bigger than whats in there.

if it helps, the nut part on the sensor is bigger that 21mm

i would say look at ur knock sensor to see if it looks the same.......and the sensor u pulled out that coolant came out....yes thats he cts!!! :mrgreen:

well, the CTS i pulled off my motor had a tube coming off the back of it.. and was smaller than this.. i'm just trying to figure out what it is i got

he said its off a GSR, but wouldnt the b16 and GSR CTSs be the same

FUCK!!! i'm so frustrated right now, i've been waiting for this damn sensor for over 2 weeks and when i finally get it, its the wrong one.. if anyone has one, please let me know.. i need one ASAP.. i need to smog my car for christ sakes.. its been almost a year since my tags expired..

Do you need the 1 wire or 2 wire sensor under the distributor?

Ones the coolant temp sensor to trip the fan, the others the sender for the gauge...

I needed the 2 wire (temp sensor for the fans) for my B18B and I took one off a D16Z6 and it was the same....The 1 wire (gauge) sender is also the same on both motors.

i have no idea which one it is.. its right under the vtec solenoid.. i had an valve cover oil leak and the one thats one there now is soaked in oil..

but i believe its a 2 wire.

are you getting a CEL 6?

also, I'll check tomorrow at work (junkyard) and see what I got...I should have something for you.

just double check which one you need and let me know.

i'll go take a pic, hold up

10020313015.jpg
its in the middle of the pic, unplugged

yeah, thats the 2 wire one...the gauge sender is the one on the other side of the coolant hose

Its the same as my B18B one...which again was the same as a D16Z6

I'll check at work tomorrow, I'm sure I have one out in the yard somewhere.

the one i recieved is significantly bigger.. i could tell as soon as i opened the box.. the nut part is bigger than a 21mm, not too sure what size it is because thats the biggest socket i have..

yeah, I don't know what the hell the one you got is...

yours has a 19(?)mm nut, 2 wire connector, the threads are a little longer, and theres a nipple on the backside...its not just flat like that, right?

that is correct.. i have no idea what i got.. if i could find out, id just resell it cuz i dont think the guy i bought it off of will giveme a refund

alright, I'll let you know...if I got one just Paypal me $10 for shipping and I'll UPS it to you.

I'll PM you tomorrow.

you could probably do USPS and ship first class so it would only take 3 days.. it would only be like $2 at the most..

Back