which springs to go with?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIRH22

I have a 97 civic sedan and was undecided between EIBACH PRO KIT, PROGRESS, OR INTRAX lowering springs. Which springs do any of u think i should go with?

if your gonna get eibach, get the sportlines. The pro-kit lowers your car about an inch, which isn't much. i regret getting them now, but its a nice ride.

Anybody have EIBACH PROKIT on their civic? Because i am really interested in getting th PROKIT with KYB AGX adjustables. And i am still undecided on the camber kit. The camber kit from SPC looks really good.

I had the KYB AGX and Pro-Kits on my Civic for about 70k miles. It felt damn good, I'll tell you that. The drop is almost perfect, even with 17 inch rims. It doesn't look like a 4 wheeler like most people would have you believe.

s3f26f9d385ff0.jpg

That's with the Pro-Kits, rolling at 65mph. The wheels are normal 95 GSR wheels with 195/50/15 Dunlop SP8000s on them. The ride with the AGX shocks set soft is really nice- smoother than stock. Once you turn up the stiffness, it actually handles curves and twisties very nicely.

If you're planning on swapping your engine later though, I would get Ground Controls or some other kind of height adjustable setup. Once you add 100 pounds to the nose, you'll sag a bit more than you want.

Dam that looks sweet Calesta!!!! . I am definitely going with the KYBs and the PROKIT. Thanks for the feed back.

It Depends on you and how much you wanna lower the car you always wanna have a comfortable ride not hella bouncy(cut springs) if i were you go for some coilover Skunk2 or GroundControl thats my opion :spam:

Coilovers are a bitch to adjust, and the car is a daily driver which will probably never see the track. With coilovers its all about weight distribution and corner weighting for the track. I wanted to go with a simple set up like the one Calesta had. An inch or so drop with a comfortable ride. I already have KYB's and sportlines on my accord, so i thought that the PROKIT and KYB's would be just right for my civic.

I love my KYB AGX's with Neuspeed Sport Springs
It's about a 2" drop and tucks 15"s really nicely, rides good looks good.
and the shocks are adjustable as well which is a bonus

Back