Which Swap Should I Do On My Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EnvyRacingGti337

i just resently got my del sol and i've been jumping back and forth on what motor i should drop into this car i want to be running 12's to 11's atleast soo i know im gunna have to turbo this bitch but i can decide between boring a b18c (compressions what worries me) or a b18b then turbo them. i also heard the b20 is a good block to turbo cuz u dont have to bore it but the problem i see is that that block is weaker and from what i expect to be running i need the stronger block rite? soo what motor and turbo suggestions do u have to get me running this time in my del sol im open for new suggestions to... i am a kid dont forget so if u got a chearper solutions id love to hear them....

PS) id like to do it off the bottle cuz i want full respect for the motor from the fellow racers

easiest way to 12-11 sec runs will be the B18C1 w/ turbo
it will cost a little less to do this with the B18B but it will take a little more work

so if you can fit the B18C1 into your budget then go with that
if not the B18B will definatly get you there

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 13 2003, 01:35 AM
Go with a JDM ITR and keep the longblock oem, hehehehehehehhehe

Milan

i hope you're joking. :rolleyes: .

i was thinking about the b18c1 motor but what about the compression isnt it way to high to run a turbo off of.. the last thing i want is a blown motor after dropping 3grand to by it ,u know? also ur talking b18c1 with the bore 2.0 or u talking stock b18c1?

stock B18C1
it can handle about 8psi from an average sized turbo with nothing done but proper tuning

I was referring to going with motor, I agree with Esol, if turbo you want go either GSR/GS, i believe to break 11's your going to have to resleeve that turkey anyways.

I think i was drunk and didn't read all the other shit when i posted the other stuff on top, oh well, the hehehe must mean I was fuckin around. :unsure:

Milan :unsure:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 12 2003, 11:23 PM
easiest way to 12-11 sec runs will be the B18C1 w/ turbo
it will cost a little less to do this with the B18B but it will take a little more work

so if you can fit the B18C1 into your budget then go with that
if not the B18B will definatly get you there

yep, i now hate my LS swap so get the GSR

i dunno this might sound crazy but what about a ls/v-tech turbo resleeved or is that like something that would blow my engine? also how much is actually involved in resleeving the engine cause im planning on doing all the work myself or a b20/vtech swap because i know i can build a ls/vtech or b20/vtech for alot cheaper then i can get a gs-r for and supposivily it runs way harder... the only bad thing i hear is that a frankinstien engine only last like a year. but would this be possible if soo would i be in the 12/11's with that kinda swap and turbo

Its
vtech.jpg

Originally posted by EnvyRacingGti337@May 15 2003, 11:55 PM
what about a ls/v-tech turbo......... b20/vtech......... ls/vtech or b20/vtech

you mean on of these???

s3e49d213a5764.jpg

unless you have a full machine shop that is set up for engine building you will not be resleeving yourself

an LS/VTEC only costs less than a GSR if you have the LS engine already

doing an LS/VTEC correctly is NOT cheap

get the GSR engine and build that for boost
it will cost you less in the end than doing either the LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC and boosting one of those

:ph34r: so from what i've picked up so far.... gs-r turbo is the best but the motor cost like 3500 or something so i think i might go witht he ls/turbo because its only like 750 for the motor and 2900 for the kit soo it ends up being cheaper to do ls/turbo then to just buy a gs-r motor. does that sound right? if i was to get a t3/t4 drag turbo on a b18b motor with pistons, cams and all other basic engine work i can probably pull low 12's high 11's right?

Back