Which tires perform as good as these?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok here it goes, I have 17" Gianelle 5 twin rims with nitto 450 extreme tires on them and i've had them for the last 3 years. And I love those tires, they gripped REALLY GOOD, and they looked sweet. BUT they don't make them anymore. I know there are better ones out there now but my front ones are brand new. And i only need the back 2 replaced. So it will be kinda stupid to replace all 4, but I don't like to miss match tires, because every tire performs differently. So if anyone went from the nitto 450 tires to a different tire and feel that they performed the same can you tell me what brand you went with. I've read that the Falken Ziex ZE-512 are a #1 seller, but how do they perform? Can anyone share some info on what tires to get?

nt450's suck so much ass its not even funny.

if you think they are grippy, you will only be upgrading by going to the falkens.

Wait a few months for the new azenis to come out in a 17 inch size. They should come out in the begining of 2005

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 25 2004, 02:47 PM
nt450's suck so much ass its not even funny.

if you think they are grippy, you will only be upgrading by going to the falkens.
[post=437116]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Go down to Discount Tire and pick up their all season Arizona Silver tires for dirt cheap. Those will grip better than your NT-450s.

when i had 17's i ran yokohama parada's then when the spec 2's came out i moved to them.

i always loved them, no complaints from me

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 26 2004, 07:47 PM
compared to 450's? Kumho 711's.
[post=437486]Quoted post[/post]​

Roadmaster touring ultras

so what is the best tires for spirited street driving
of coarse i dont mean draggin in the street

I had a friend with MX's on a 91 dsm that was laying 400 @wheels... seriously amazing tires... I always thought they were going to give a little or anything... but after a full day at the autoX... they were still holding up... I would def recommend those tires

Originally posted by formby@Dec 27 2004, 03:03 PM
so what is the best tires for spirited street driving
of coarse i dont mean draggin in the street
[post=437847]Quoted post[/post]​

IMO, a great street tire is a "summer" tire, which generally incudes rain and some standing water. The Azenis suck in the rain, and are almost dangerous with less than 60% tread in the wet. If there are any puddles, well they are just horrible. IMO, the Potenza S03 is probably the single nicest all around tire available, and beats the shit out of Azenis in all categories, although you pay for it in the cost of the tire.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 27 2004, 06:20 PM

IMO, a great street tire is a "summer" tire, which generally incudes rain and some standing water. The Azenis suck in the rain, and are almost dangerous with less than 60% tread in the wet. If there are any puddles, well they are just horrible. IMO, the Potenza S03 is probably the single nicest all around tire available, and beats the shit out of Azenis in all categories, although you pay for it in the cost of the tire.
[post=437959]Quoted post[/post]​

I have actually owned both. Azenis are not as everyone makes them out to be in the rain. In standing water, yea they arn't the best but in just wet conditions, they grip fine. Its all about common sense. When its rain hard out, you slow down. The azenis grip slightly better on dry pavement.

Ah. but the S-03 still grips like crazy in the rain. It's still my pick for an all around street tire, especially if the Azenis aren't amazingly better in the dry.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Dec 27 2004, 03:29 PM-->
@Dec 27 2004, 06:20 PM

IMO, a great street tire is a "summer" tire, which generally incudes rain and some standing water.  The Azenis suck in the rain, and are almost dangerous with less than 60% tread in the wet.  If there are any puddles, well they are just horrible.  IMO, the Potenza S03 is probably the single nicest all around tire available, and beats the shit out of Azenis in all categories, although you pay for it in the cost of the tire.

I have actually owned both. Azenis are not as everyone makes them out to be in the rain. In standing water, yea they arn't the best but in just wet conditions, they grip fine. Its all about common sense. When its rain hard out, you slow down. The azenis grip slightly better on dry pavement.
[post=437993]Quoted post[/post]​

i've driven on both on a road course and would say the azenis have much better dry traction over the s03's. s03's are a great rain tire, thats about it.

I went to discounttiredirect.com and they don't have the azenis is a 205/40/R17. So how about those falken ziex ZE-512???

And how long does a manufacture keep makeing a certain model tire? Because i bought my rims with the nt450 on them and i've had them for the last 3 years and I just kept buying the nt450, now they don't make them anymore. I just don't wanna buy 2 tires and then in 2 years they'll stop making them and be stuck with 2 diff tires. Because just as a reminder I'm keeping my front two nittos until they go bald, because ever since I put the camber kit on my car the tires are lasting alot longer. i used to buy 2 tires every summer.

Originally posted by B16+Dec 27 2004, 06:36 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 27 2004, 03:29 PM
nfn15037
@Dec 27 2004, 06:20 PM

[post=437993]Quoted post[/post]​

i've driven on both on a road course and would say the azenis have much better dry traction over the s03's. s03's are a great rain tire, thats about it.
[post=438001]Quoted post[/post]​

I have also owned both and used up sets of both on a roadcourse and the street as well. Azenis suck ass in the rain, aspecially on the highway and they are downright dangerous when they wear below 60%. Maybe it was me or my car or Florida rains, but whatever they are dangerous as a tire to use in standing water and I would never recommend them as a street tire to someone who would daily drive them. The s03s are a better all around tire, which is the point of this thread I thought?

The Azenis do have better overall dry traction(and a wonderfully stiff sidewall) for about 3 laps at which point they start getting greasy. Sebring is a fast concrete track and it was about 85* outside, nothing insane. The left front (cloclwise track) chunked prety badly and the others had small chunks out of them and they all got greasy as soon as they came up to temp. They are fine as an autox tire but I would never drive them on a roadcourse ever again nor would I ever recommend them as a street tire that will be used in the rain. Take it for what you will, I am just sharing my first hand experiences with each tire, your mileage may vary.

Back