Which Tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[spoon]

Im gonna get some 15" motegi rt5s and i was wondering what rubber ud put on.

Yokahama EVS100
AVS Db

Bridgestone RE950

Dunlop SP Sport A2

Toyo Proxies FZ4

Or someother recomendation. I got this assortment by searching the various supliers and going to sites to so what the ppl who actually use them think.

thanks

brigestone s03 potenza's pole postions own.

they are extremly sticky and the price is great. TireRack.com has them for 79 a tire for 195-50-15
tire rack s03

Also, these stick pretty good in the rain also, snow is not the best but alright for performance tires.

I have them on my rota circuit 8's and I love them. Takeing turns at 30+, there is no tire squeal and you dont slide much at all. My handling has improved 100% since I got them. I am not sure about wear yet, I have only had them a week.

The SO-3's do rock but they are on the upper end as far as price range and dry performance. The RE950's are a little better as far as all season high performance and with a lower price point. Next on the list would be the Toyo FZ4, they have a killer wear rating for a Zrated tire. Or you could check out BFG KDWS if you want all season and super long life, they have a 400 treadwear rating and a Z rating. What other tire has this? Michelin Pilot Sport A/S mmmmm but super expensive. :blink:

out of your choices i say yokohama avs es 100's, i have them now and am pretty happy with them, great street tire. i will be trying s03's or toyo ts1's next.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 7 2003, 11:27 PM
whatever you do, don't get proxes fz4's or nitto 450s

:werd:

Yokohama ES100 is a pretty good tire from what I've been hearing from friends... although most of my buddies are diehard Bridgestone RE730 and S-03 fans. By the way, the S-03 is great for driving high speeds in the rain without hydroplaning, and they're really not that bad in the snow either. Trust me.

:lol:

Originally posted by caeaves@Apr 7 2003, 10:18 PM
The SO-3's do rock but they are on the upper end as far as price range and dry performance. The RE950's are a little better as far as all season high performance and with a lower price point. Next on the list would be the Toyo FZ4, they have a killer wear rating for a Zrated tire. Or you could check out BFG KDWS if you want all season and super long life, they have a 400 treadwear rating and a Z rating. What other tire has this? Michelin Pilot Sport A/S mmmmm but super expensive. :blink:

Um, NO. How about not even 5 months before the pos toyos wore out. Those tires suck in rain and snow, so why even call them all season. Toyo can kiss my ass.

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 8 2003, 02:00 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 7 2003, 11:27 PM

Yokohama ES100 is a pretty good tire from what I've been hearing from friends... although most of my buddies are diehard Bridgestone RE730 and S-03 fans. By the way, the S-03 is great for driving high speeds in the rain without hydroplaning, and they're really not that bad in the snow either. Trust me.

you live in texas ?? when do you see or drive in snow ??

Two months of my camber being off ~1 degree with Proxes:

tirecamber2.jpg

:huh:

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Apr 8 2003, 07:01 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 8 2003, 02:00 AM
pissedoffsol
@Apr 7 2003, 11:27 PM

you live in texas ?? when do you see or drive in snow ??

Texas/okla gets it more than you suspect man. Dallas gets it as much as we do. Maybe 2-4 inches per storm and around 3-4 + storms a yr.

If you like hot ass summers, mild springs and falls and snow in the winter.. okla/texas is for you. Well, more texas than okla, unless you like dodging tornado's. :)

wow, was unaware of the weather in texas
but nice summer sticky tires don't do to well on a light car and
10-12in of snow

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Apr 8 2003, 08:42 PM
wow, was unaware of the weather in texas
but nice summer sticky tires don't do to well on a light car and
10-12in of snow

No- 10-12 inches of snow is way too damn much for summer tires... but 1-2 inches on the ground and any amount of powder is fine. I DO drive the car outside of Texas, you know.

:p

We actually got a whole week of snow/ice here in Dallas back at the end of February.

well with my new rims that just arrived yesterday I'll be needing some performance tires that can handle the rain, they will never see the snow.
so the S-03 might be a winnner, or the ES100's and i'm gonna pick up a set of blizzacks for my old rims for the winter give em a try at least

what about nankang? the tire store has a sale on motegis with them (if i wasnt in canada id use TireRack.com but shipping almost doubles the cost and the deals aint so sweet when youre paying 1.68 for every dollar on the site :()

Find yourself a Costco up there...they have S0-3, RE730's, RE950's, BFG K series, and Michelin Pilot series. Remember you get what you pay for!

As for Toyo FZ-4's Ive had two sets and both lasted 2 years easy. I had a 2.5 inch drop and -1.50 and -1.75 degrees of negative camber. I only had a problem with this last set because my struts were blown and it caused irregular wear on the shoulder, which no tire would be able to take.

And for Prowler look how much tread you still had on the outside of the tire. Two months without a proper alignment would kill most any tire. Remember tires aren't designed to ride on just one shoulder. True they suck beans in the snow, and the rain if it was heavy also took a toll on the handling. The reason the SO-3's are so good is because they have really wide circumferential grooves to store the water for the split second you are over it. Whereas the FZ-4's only have two grooves and try to evacuate water from the sides, which takes considerably longer to do, and is easily overcome by deep water. The 730's have a similar tread pattern and the problems would be similar in deep water. Tread depth is your best friend in water.

the re950s and evs 100 are like 70 bux a peice from TireRack.com but up here in wonderful canada where no pricing really makes sense (a base rsx is 32000) they cost about 200 a peice.

im gonna keep lookin and costco is similar to the place i can get from cuz my dad owns an electrical contracting business and has about 25 vehicles that need tires.
costco didnt seem to be a great deal anyway :(

I recommend Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's. I have them on my '95 Integra Ls (205/40ZR-17) and the handling and response is quality! Very quick acceleration. Cornering is good, it could be a lot better if I upgraded my suspension with strut bars and whatnot. These are very good street tire for the price( avg $ 90/tire).

i have yokohama parada spec 2's on my sol and they are VERY good imo....i paid 96 a tire i believe at TireRack.com

Back