1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Tranny For Boosted B16

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by b16ahatch, Jun 14, 2003.

1. b16ahatch

b16ahatch Senior Member

Hey everyone i've bein hearing different stories from different people about swapping out trannys on a b16. My motor is in the process of being built for turbo right now, low comp pistions and all that good stuff and i was wondering what tranny should i use. Some people tell me to go with an ls tranny, and others are tellin me to go with a gsr tranny. Can someone please steer me the right way. Thanks for the help in advance

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

post in the right forum, then keep the b16 until you are going faster than the top of 4th gear in the traps, then get a larger tire/slick, then think about chagning tranny's

3. Boosted4gsi

Boosted4gsi Junior Member

The LS tranny has long gearing, witch will slow down your exceleration and keep you in boost alittle longer...

The GSR has a shorter gearing ratio, witch will excelerate faster and wont keep boost level as long as the LS.....

I am using a 92 Ys1 gsr tranny with my LS turbo.. I wouldnt use a LS tranny for any motor setup. LS trannys suck so bad. If you wanted the perfect tranny for your B16 turbo i would highly reccomend the GSR.

Enjoy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted