Which Tranny For Boosted B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ahatch

Hey everyone i've bein hearing different stories from different people about swapping out trannys on a b16. My motor is in the process of being built for turbo right now, low comp pistions and all that good stuff and i was wondering what tranny should i use. Some people tell me to go with an ls tranny, and others are tellin me to go with a gsr tranny. Can someone please steer me the right way. Thanks for the help in advance

post in the right forum, then keep the b16 until you are going faster than the top of 4th gear in the traps, then get a larger tire/slick, then think about chagning tranny's

The LS tranny has long gearing, witch will slow down your exceleration and keep you in boost alittle longer...

The GSR has a shorter gearing ratio, witch will excelerate faster and wont keep boost level as long as the LS.....

I am using a 92 Ys1 gsr tranny with my LS turbo.. I wouldnt use a LS tranny for any motor setup. LS trannys suck so bad. If you wanted the perfect tranny for your B16 turbo i would highly reccomend the GSR.

Enjoy

Back